1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Resort Credit

Discussion in 'Comps' started by jeffr, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffr

jeffr Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey everyone. So I'm getting offered some resort credit at Delano for my upcoming trip. I just want to confirm how to use it.

Do I just charge whatever I can to my room and it gets cancelled out up to my resort credit limit? I assume the restaurant needs to be affiliated with Mlife/MGM Entertainment.

2. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes for the most part that is how it works but there might be some restaurants that do not accept the credit so it wouldn't hurt to ask the front desk when you get there.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And, depending on how it is set up...

If it is so much per day, it often is really PER DAY. Meaning you can be low one day and have it carry over. How much are we talking about here?

4. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup. I had credit there last trip and didn't run into any place that didn't accept it. Before we dined we just asked if we could charge it back to the room. Best thing is being able to use it at pretty much any MLife property and charge it to your room at Delano. Sweet deal!

5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only time you really tend to run into limitations is at properties that have enough places for you to actually spend the resort credit. Most of the time, it's at any property, but I've seen credits that are only good at Aria, MGM Grand, etc. But given that Delano really only has two restaurants and the lobby lounge, it wouldn't make much sense for them to limit you to their restaurants. I'd double-check on any place you're not sure about, but you should be fine.

6. jeffr

jeffr Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't get any strings attached. $200 for the entire trip. No per day restrictions.

7. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For all practical purposes, Delano is Mandalay Bay. And MBay has a ton of restaurants.

8. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fair. My point was just that while I could imagine a situation in which, say, a Mandalay Bay resort credit was limited to Mandalay Bay outlets, a Delano resort credit would never be limited solely to Delano. Mandalay actually used to have my favorite restaurant collection on the Strip before Aria opened, and even now I love heading up there.

As an aside, Skyfall Lounge at Delano is a fantastic place to visit for drinks, I might like it even more than Foundation Room, especially when it's colder out and not really worth sitting outside. And I'm a big fan of their cocktail menu. Now I'm just waiting for them to open up something in the old Shanghai Lilly space.

9. ritzcarlton89

ritzcarlton89 Low-Roller

I think items purchased at the gift store (where you buy cigs, chips, etc) even if they are chargeable to the room are the exception and you can't use resort credit.

10. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very true. No retail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.