1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo Tier Question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by littlepiggie, Feb 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I was gonna skip the cosmo and play at Paris this trip to avoid my own stupidity with the desire to play more because of a host but I said screw it I love the cosmo and Don't want to stay at Paris. Cosmo is my favorite Vegas Hotel and my Japanese soaking tub and Fountain view cannot be beat. I also found out I am still gold until the end of February so I need to take advantage of my free movie,2 for 1 buffet and comped resort fees(Paris was gonna charge me 97 dollars for the trip). I have a question on one of the other benefits. What is the 2-1 special event tickets and has anyone ever used this? I really hope my bankroll of 2500 can let me earn some slot points. I have cycle thru 10k dollars and lose it all. This trip is gonna be different I am due.(gamblers fallacy) I have been to vegas say 30+ times and have had 3 winning trips. This is my turn!!! d

Gold Benefits (20,000 + pts)
    Two complimentary room nights per year.*
    Two complimentary companion room nights per year.*
    Complimentary resort fee.
    2X slot multipliers all day, every day.**
    One in-room movie per visit.
    2-for-1 dining and priority access at Wicked Spoon per day.
    2-for-1 concert tickets including express entry.*
    2-for-1 special event tickets.
    Dedicated VIP hotel reservations line located on your Identity Membership Card.
    Early Check-in and Late Check-out when available.

2. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think they are fake benefits,
    since you get comped rooms, they also have those emails for 2-4 free tickets for their events. Low level MMA, concerts, etc.

The 2 for one ticket to the buffet, you pick up a coupon from the Identity desk daily if you want to use it.
    Some random events coming up.

2/13 Vietnamese concert
    4/16 Miike Snow
    4/23 the 1975
    4/29 the band perry
    7/2 bryan adams

3. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And they're often very generous with the show tickets regardless of your tier. I have zero status with Cosmopolitan (I generally play ~$50 blackjack there), and I get emails on practically a weekly basis offering me two tickets to various concerts and events.

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The "express entry" is kind of a non-benefit. I've been to two concerts at the BLVD Pool and I've walked right in both times with no need for a special line. Like others here I get the almost weekly emails for concert tickets as does my GF so we have up to 4 tickets for just about any concert short of the biggest acts like Bruno Mars, The Cure, etc...

5. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm excited for The Cure in May. It should be a good show.

6. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You cant use the 2 for 1 special event for the marquee superbowl party can u?

7. Timchuk

Timchuk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lets say you achieve a tier Feb 1st 2016 as the highest tier. On their site it says rolling 365 days so you would be good until Feb 1 2017. How do you keep platinum would you need 50K tier credits prior to Feb 1st 2017 to extend it to Feb 1st 2018?

8. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The tour is making a stop here and it's crazy how fast the tickets sold out. I can imagine that The Chelsea will be a better venue than most of the arenas they're playing due to the size. I didn't realize there was still such a demand for The Cure.

The next time Bruno plays at the Cosmo I need to make it happen. Comp or not.

9. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tier renewal is based on be number of points earned since you hit the tier. So like you said, earn 50k more by Jan 31 2017 and you'll renew for another year.

10. Timchuk

Timchuk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you still need 50K points or since you have a 3X multiplier on slots you would only need 16666 to keep this tier. This is just an example because VP and stuff does not qualify for multiplers

11. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The multiplier does not count towards tier progression. You still need to earn 50k

12. Timchuk

Timchuk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Bayou I got hooked up with a nice Cosmo host and glad I switched from MGM. The host there wanted me to play 60k coin in per day at Aria and I thought that was stupid. It's probably my fault for staying loyal to Aria for so long cause it's the hardest to get comp rooms from.

13. MWJ51102

MWJ51102 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw Sam Hunt at the Chelsea back in December. The line went from the very back of Cosmo where the Chelsea is to the front (chandelier) escalators. We walked right in with the Gold card.

14. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool. Glad to see it's a real benefit. I use the Gold and up line at Wicked Spoon all the time.

15. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sad i will be losing my gold card unless i get lucky. 2500 wont net 20k in points

16. jf3976

jf3976 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's possible, even if not probable :) good luck!

17. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, that's a bummer. :(

18. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha, that's what I thought about Garbage back in the fall. Chelsea is a great venue, as is Boulevard Pool.

19. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    60K a day? For what a Sky Suite?! They must think Aria has become the Wynn. Either that or Jim Murren is poisoning the employee cafeteria food with mild altering drugs meant to get everyone in line with MGM PGP. Even at the most favorable slots
    that's $3,000 per day in theoretical loss (providing variance holds). Are you playing VP for comps there?

Its only a matter of time before Aria alienates most of their slot players.

20. Timchuk

Timchuk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes VP. I have had bellagio and Aria comped before so I don't know what they expect. Strip VP is not the best so I'm not risking that much. It's to bad cause I always stayed at MGM before and this will be the first time I don't support them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.