1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thinking about seeing Jerry Seinfeld twice in four months. Would you?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Flowers, Jan 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DBueler and I have a tradition of seeing Jerry every year when he perform at Caesars Palace between Christmas and New Years Day, so I saw him a few weeks ago. My next trip is in April and my last night in Vegas, which will be a solo night, will be April 9th. I just saw that Jerry is performing that night and I was thinking about seeing him again. I love his humor and I'm sure he changes his show with some regularity but wasn't sure if I would wind up seeing close-to-the-same show a bit more than 3 months later. That I do NOT want to do even though it was a good show. Thoughts?

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would not, only because it is a unlikely his act has changed in that period of time. He usually updates once a year.

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what I was thinking. His show this past December had a couple of the same themes from Christmas 2014 but it was sufficiently different that it was still great and the refreshed themes were some of my favorites from previous shows.

My last night for my April trip may just be a good meal and playing until the wee hours!

4. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you enjoy his show, why not? Ive seen numerous shows that were the same because I enjoyed them.

5. ripper

ripper High-Roller

I saw him 8 months apart and it was completely different each time. That being said i may have got lucky and caught him when he had changed the show. I would still go, its a great show.

Little mans 21st birthday!
  6. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great show especially when he banters with the audience. Two times in four months? Not me. But elton? Yes.

7. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really wanna see Elton. Only Caesars resident that interests me.

8. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I'd see Jerry twice in same year even if routine was the same.

Elton? Double yes! Elton is a real pro with immense talent and work ethic.
    (I saw Elton and Billie Joel when they were touring together in the '90's - don't think that one could be topped).

9. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'm still on the fence but having seen Elton at CP, I echo the great reviews about his show. I am not a huge Donny and Marie fan but I've always wanted to see the show as I heard it's good but the show times never seem to coincide with my trips. This April though, the timing works. That show is April 9th as well so I may see Donny and Marie and catch Jerry again the next time after April that I'm in Vegas.

10. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw him a few years back twice in two years. Show was 70% the same. Not nearly as good second time. Saw him last fall and it was new stuff and hilarious.

11. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a big fan of his (and the show). But when we saw him in October 2012 and October 2014 it was pretty much the same show.

12. AceRothstein80

AceRothstein80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    for a 730PM start time, what time does the show usually end. I am thinking of going also, but I will be seeing Guns N' Roses later at night(930 ticket time) was wondering if I can hit both

13. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's about 90 minutes, so the show should end around 9 pm. I just saw that Human Nature has a new show, Human Nature Jukebox, and I am a HUGE fan of HN. I also want to see Donny and Marie solo so that's what I'll probably my last and solo evening in Vegas. I'm also trying see, however, how I can fit in the new Human Nature show.

Where is Guns N'Roses performing? If close by you should be able to make it. If you have to hike far down the strip you may want to step out from the Jerry Show just before 9. I've finished seeing one show at CP and been at the Miragae in my seat within 30 minutes for a show and made it on time. Trekking to say Mandalay Bay, however, especially on a weekend night, would be tough with traffic with only 30 minutes between when Jerry ends and G&R starts.

14. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember seeing him on a talk show style show with other comedians and he said he replaces like 20% of his act per year. I don't think there's too many comedians that I would go see a long format show of theirs within a few months of seeing them last. Even the quickest turnover comics aren't that fast.

15. AceRothstein80

AceRothstein80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GNR is playing the new MGM arena, 930 ticket time...but historically, they go onstage very very late.

I may just go to them on the 8th, see when they take stage. If it is 10-1030(or later) , then I can comfortably hit Jerry on the 9th also

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.