1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo Hotel

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Bloodsucker101, Jan 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bloodsucker101

Bloodsucker101 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have some questions on the Flamingo Rooms, Studio Room is 550 sq ft is this room updated or is the old décor. Is it worth the money or better to go to the Go Room? Have all the Go rooms been renovated? Has the Flamingo turned out to be a younger crowd hangout? If you could tell me about the rooms at the Flamingo and some pictures if possible.

Thanks

I would like to stay at the Ling or Flamingo My husband wants to stay at Main St or The Nugget. Help

Thanks

2. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Younger folks tend to stay at Linq. Older folks at Bally's and Paris. Flamingo is a big hotel and gets a wide variety of people. Maybe the younger crowd are louder so it gives the perception there are more of them.

3. hattrick225

hattrick225 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Studio rooms have not been updated, to my knowledge. The GO rooms were updated approx. 2009-ish, and are fairly nice (stayed in those several times over the past 5 yrs both the Strip View and the pool view). If staying at Flamingo again, I'd prefer a GO room to any of the comparable (or lower) rooms there.

Vegas Vacation 2024
  4. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We really like the Flamingo because of the location. However, I don't know how you can reconcile mid strip with downtown location. The two are not at all comparable. The Go rooms are very nice.

5. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may want to do a search for Flamingo or Go. There's been a lot of talk about that place on the board lately. We are staying there soon too.

6. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed in a Go Deluxe over NYE & loved it.....right behind the Jubilee room @ Bally's. No visible wear/tear at all. Saw inside a Studio & was not impressed....worn badly & although a little bigger....not the same feel as the Go....

7. Jon E Coyote

Jon E Coyote Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just stayed in a Go room, much much nicer than the previous rooms we have had at Flamingo, great view of the Bellagio fountain. The shower is on the small side, but they do provide a mini fridge.

Mixed crowd there, a huge biker group was arriving as we were leaving. It's one of my favorite places to stay, even though we don't play there a whole lot

8. lulucob

lulucob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are the GO Rooms the same as the Fab Rooms. Some rooms say Combination Shower/Tub. Thinking of taking last minute trip last of February. Flamingo only Hotel I can completely comped other than Rio. Haven't stayed at Flamingo in years.

9. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are not the same. GO rooms are nicer (at least that's what most people think). Most GO rooms have a shower only, no tub but they do have some with a tub that you can request.

10. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The GO rooms also have the "see through" bathroom door, correct?

11. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes that's correct

12. MiDenny

MiDenny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had one of these Studio rooms booked for a trip last year. When i was checking in, the young lady strongly suggested that I change rooms. She said that they had not been updated and that the AC wasn't the greatest. I guess that the bed area is somewhat separate and there is no TV in there. She said that if she actually checked me in and sent me to that room that she was sure I would be right back down requesting a different one. I appreciated that she told me in advance and gave me the opportunity to change. I did change and had a go room which was just fine

13. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good info Denny. Having not stayed at the Flamingo in over 20 years I was considering one of those rooms when I booked recently. I figured there was a catch since those rooms were cheaper than the GO rooms. That's what makes this board so great, no matter what question someone has there is someone who knows first hand :)

14. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will appreciate a Go room much more than the Fab, IMO. The beds in the Fab rooms are very hard, they are soft in the Go rooms. I thought the "fake" wood floors in the Fab rooms were really slick! Whatever you do, make sure you get one that doesn't have an adjoining door. One of my biggest issues while staying at the Flamingo (which is where I stayed 4x each year, for many years) was kids that party all night in the rooms and NEVER go out. Yea, in Vegas! I suspect they were underage. Every single trip, there was a huge party in the next room that spilled out into the hallway. You will be able to hear them if you don't have an adjoining door as the walls are pretty thin, but if you have an adjoining door, it's like they are in the room with you! This can (and does) happen at every hotel, but I personally experienced it more at Flamingo, I think because the Go rooms are pretty cool, but much less expensive than comparable rooms elsewhere. Now I stay at Bally's, the crowd who stays there are a little older... they actually GO OUT so the rooms are quieter. I'm not one of the older crowd, but when I want to sleep, I don't want to listen to other people's crap :)

I can't comment on the downtown hotels, I'm not a huge downtown fan. Wherever you stay, enjoy and have a wonderful trip!!
    diane

15. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in a fab room, 2 queens, top floor strip view in Dec.......The room was nice enough for me, bed was just fine, never found the floors slick (but I do have mostly tile on my house main floor so I may be used to it), had a fridge and coffee pot, room was clean, bathroom was definitely not fancy. People always complain about the elevators but there was never much of a wait for me, some could be a bit jerky but I never felt like I was going to plummet to the bottom, lol! The view was awesome, I could see the Caesar Place logo from bed.........had no noise issues whatsoever. I would stay there again........my 2 cents ( well, 1.38 cents..........damn this low canuck dollar!)

16. hotreds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure this was a "FAB" room? They usually don't have fridges and I don't think they're on the upper levels.

17. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Am assuming it a fab room, it didn't have the sliding bathroom door like go is supposed to have and it had the laminate floor...........it was a comped room and I didn't even try to upgrade it, I wanted to see what the cheapest room was like for future reference. If you go to the website the fab 2 queen strip view room looks exactly like I had.

18. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see that the shower door is glass but is the main bathroom door clear as well? I may have to rethink our stay. We are friends but not THAT close!

19. hotreds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know that some Fab rooms also have fridges!

20. btodd

btodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The door into the bathroom is frosted glass. Still not the most private but not clear. I often travel with my Mom. I am 51, she is 77 so we do like a little privacy! We don't have an issue with the door.........

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.