1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tip for people with Keurig k cup brewers

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Jerseyguy2, Jan 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got off the phone with Keureg guy who walked me through how to unclog the thing. Press your fingers on the top of a new k-cup. You'll feel the gas that they put in to keep the coffee fresh. He told me that when you close the lid on a k-cup the top needle puntures the cup releasing the gas and blowing coffee upward into the needle cloging it.
    He said to always press down first on the cup so that the bottom needle punctures it releasing the gas before you close the lid. Who knows,this is what he told me.

2. WestTexas

WestTexas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It does work to do that. This happened to me a last year. I was waiting about 5 minutes for coffee to finish. I googled it and discovered the needle was clogged. Cleaned it out and have been pressing the K-Cup down first before closing the lid. I have not had an issue since.

3. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will mention this to my husband, he uses ours nearly every day. I suppose it can't hurt, right?

4. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I spank my knock-off j-Cup machine. Jimmy Poon says it fell out of a container in the Port of Vancouver and right into a truck.

Good price, but it really gets jammed a lot.

I spank it.

No, really, I turn it upside down and whack the bottom soundly for really stubborn situations. This also works with one's partner, I'm told.

5. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for this! I'm not a coffee drinker, but the girls in my house sure are and they love their Keurig.

6. vegasfan

vegasfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had to unplug mine twice, almost threw it out the first time as I thought it was broken. I just stretched out a paper clip and used it to clear the needle.There are 3 spots on the needle to clear.

7. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto. I have moved away from using mine every day, as it's a bit too high maintenance for me. Sick of wasting pods as mine has the nasty habit of when brewing - I end up with a cup full of grounds. Yuk. But when I do use it, after I'm done, I run a hot water through it after removing the old pod.

8. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The guy also sent me an email containing a code to put on their website for a free box of k-cups including shipping.Nice man.

9. redzone

redzone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm. Why don't you be a nice man as well and share this code with us.:rolleyes2:

10. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK,worth a try . Code is 1FRBEVVWY5NN66 Good luck,I got the pods yesterday.

11. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    seven out for me :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.