1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Storage locker? Crazy question

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by vegas9094, Dec 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegas9094

vegas9094 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no idea where to post this and I know it may sound crazy off the wall nuts. We have been going to Vegas 6-8 times a year for about 4 years and now even more since one of our daughters moved to Vegas. We can travel light except for the wifes toiletries, flat iron, blow dryer and curling iron. I hate waiting for checked bags. We normally stay at Cosmo but not always,

The question- Is there a place to rent a small storage locker to throw toiletries and maybe a coffee pot in between trips? (Daughter lives off strip and we sometimes don't see her until second day) Could I check a bag at the hotel or is there a time limit where they would clear out?

Be nice, i know its a crazy thought and yes I have a drink in my hand.

2. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

Just leave with bellman. They are happy to hold between trips.

3. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heynow :):):)

This isn't going to help much, sorry.

We were flying in and out of Vegas three years ago for a month long backpacking type vacation overseas and were looking for the same sort of thing, though not on a regular basis like you are. We wanted to leave our " Vegas clothes" with the hotel, Venetian, but they wouldn't store stuff for that long. Didn't really push it, we just ended mailing our stuff to friends back home.

So, as far as my limited attempt at this, with the Venetian anyway, they were not interested. I guess a big ol' safe deposit box might work but that seems cost prohibitive and a pain.

4. zolar31

zolar31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In one of Troopers vlogs, he talked about closing his storage locker. He was paying $40 a month for a locker; something like a 6' x 8' x 6'
    So its probably not worth it

5. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I know long term consultants who stay weekly in Marriotts or Hiltons can often leave a bag with the desk while they're gone back home on the weekends, but those are really long term relationships. I can't imagine - unless you're a High Roller? - that Vegas Strip hotels would be interested in helping out like that over time.....

On the other hand, $40 a month for a storage unit doesn't sound that expensive....

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of course, you then have to travel to the storage locker. I am thinking for whatever you can not put in a carryon, you can stop at CVS and buy new ones for less effort and money. We always put flat irons in the carry on and use the hotel dryer, but guessing that does not work for you. Maybe instead of waiting for checked bags, stop and play some slots, or get a drink before heading for your bag.

7. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The hotel will hold it for three weeks, after that they can open the bag to try and identify and contact the owner. After thirty days, if they haven't been able to locate/contact the owner, the bag is considered abandoned and they can dispose of or sell the bag/contents.

Since you are talking about 4 trips a year that is probably not going to be enough time for you.

It sounds like leaving stuff with your daughter is the best plan: sometimes you don't see her until the second day, but that means that sometimes you do. On trips where you see her the first day then everything is good... on trips where you don't see her until the second day then either your wife packs along a couple of extra items (just what is needed until you get the bag of stuff off daughter) or she just has to make do without the stuff until you can get it (IE: no flatiron? then pack along a ponytail elastic... no coffee pot? then go to starbucks in the morning)

8. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of course you would be putting your daughter out making her come to the Strip...but she could drop off a package at the hotel prior to your visit and you could pick it up with the bellman

9. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's more time consuming, waiting for a checked bag or detouring to the storage unit?

10. DrLect

DrLect Winning!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was probably the best solution, imho. Otherwise, rather than spending $40 or more per month renting a storage locker, buy new items upon your arrival to LV and donate them to Goodwill or Salvation Army on your way out.

11. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most hotels will let you borrow a flat iron or curling iron. I imagine they have quite a stash in the lost and found.

12. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A bunch of VMBers could go in on a unit.

Mark the floor with tape, everybody gets a section.

13. ruralhipster

ruralhipster High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was surprised no one has started a mini locker storage place south of McCarron. If I could rent a locker big enough to put in a golf bag and a bowling ball for 10 bucks a month I would. The economics of it would require about 1000 other people who needed a small locker to make it viable with 24 hour access

14. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could also consider sending it in advance. Regular mail might not be reliable enough, but Fedex Ground is often extremely reasonably-priced, and generally gives you a date-certain on which the package will be delivered. The business center will charge you for the package, but that's still going to be less than some sort of paid storage solution, and will be much more convenient.

15. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Put it all in a jumbo ziploc bag along with a few fishin' weights, squeeze all the air out of it, attach a line to it, and drop it in the corner of the Bellagio fountain, it'll be waitin' for you on your return.

16. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh great, now EVERYBODY knows.

:beer:

17. Franken Dean

Franken Dean Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have made in any acquaintances at the Cosmo? Usually a longtime bartender, dealer or doorman can give you a reliable contact, if they do not offer the service themselves.

There are also some courier services that may be able to store them for you.

www.LasVegasErrands.com

18. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1)storage unit. a 5x5 around here is 40/mn
    2)preship before departure...package will be waiting at frondesk
    3)cvs on strip and walmarts not too far from strip

19. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LMAO Thanks I needed a good laugh.

20. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you see your daughter on your regular trips? (Hope so!)

Why can't you travel with overnite bag, or just the clothes on your back....

If you are seeing her within a day or so, that is probably good enough.

I also travel with some Throw away clothes.....the ones I wouldn't mind donating.
    So you could throw as you go. Go home with less than you brought.

I've also flown next to a man who was wearing a few Layers of clothes.
    He was bound & determined to Not bring a bag. Too funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.