1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

"Special" car rental reservations - compact or larger

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Danny61231, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danny61231

Danny61231 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I currently have an economy car rented through Advantage for 4 days at $79. I have been looking around and currently Dollar and Thrifty are both offering their "Special" reservations where you aren't guaranteed a specific car but they tell you it will be a compact or larger for $80. Has anyone on here ever done the special reservations with either Dollar or Thrifty and if so, what were your experiences and what kind of car did you end up with? I am considering going with either Dollar or Thrifty considering they are the same price for s larger car as well as being able to do the advance check in and not risk waiting in line.

2. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would go for for the Dollar or Thrifty deal - both times I've used that we got a nice mid-size car. And Dollar Express is fast and easy.

3. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be aware that if you are not upgraded, you will receive a Chevy Spark which is very small with not much in the way of luggage space. We were told at the desk to come back if we did not like the car "and she would see what she could do". Ding, ding, I hear the cash register ring.

I was fortunate that the attendant in the garage offered me a Jeep Compass (SUV).

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.