1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest travel advisory -- don't bring your hoverboard.

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by vwhiten, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not that I have one. I am sure I would be one of the first on you tube busting my a$$. It is a wonder that I can chew gum and walk at the same time. Sometimes I trip on thin air. I was checking the SW airlines and they had a travel advisory warning. I thought it would be the weather. The warning was stating that you could not bring a hoverboard as checked baggage or as a carry on due to the fire hazard of lithium batteries. In other words don't take your hoverboard to vegas or any destination you are flying too. I would think it would be the same for other airlines.

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You aren't supposed to check lithium-ion cell phone chargers either. We were warned about this on the way back from disney world. We were going to check them originally.

I also don't like people calling these "hoverboards". They have wheels!!!

3. 3544quebec

3544quebec High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

You sound like my husband - he says the same thing. I have heard they are like the segways without wheels. I saw on the news that in some cities they are imposing 15 miles an hour speed limits -- and no drinking while boarding. Hope I don't see any in Vegas. The strollers and the mobility scooters are bad enough. -- Not that I begrudge people that need a scooter. Sometimes I have had to lunge out of the way quickly or risk being run over -- and I have seen evil intent in the eyes on a few blue haired ladies.:evillaugh

5. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The travel advisory came out in the news maybe a week or two before Christmas. I can't imagine what people would do if they brought one, and couldn't take it, but people shouldn't always assume you can just take anything on a plane. Hopefully they have enough sense to check!

6. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As assumed by the OP, this is pretty much an airline industry level ban. I for one am glad, I don't want my plane crashing because some moron thought it would be a good idea to bring something that regularly blows up on a whim.

7. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They look like fun but the cost is a bit much for a toy. Think i will just stick with good old fashioned walking.

I have in the past seen a guy segwaying through bellagio though which I though was pretty stupid. But to be fair, i have also seen a guy jogging through bellagio as well.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty much all the airlines have "outlawed" them.

by the way, this is probably better in the "Getting There and Getting Around" forum.

9. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's chilly here today and am thinking of getting the fireplace going, but I have no matches. Think I'll just borrow a hoverboard :)

Annual me and Pete
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.