1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET reservation and arriving 1 day late

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by user3657, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm wondering if arriving 1 day after your arrival date will cause CET(flamingo) to cancel your reservation?

2. CindyS

CindyS Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call them and change the date

3. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My plans are not 100% so i will end up arriving either the evening or before noon the next day. This way since I am arriving before check in time if I have the previous day booked I should beable to check in is my thought process but I dont want them to automatically cancel the reservation of I dont check in the day my reservation.

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know the answer to this. I'd call to verify myself.

5. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is my plan...Two answers are better then 1.

6. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe they will cancel your entire reservation as a no show but charge you the first night as a penalty. I would would not risk it. But there may be some fine print on your reservation confirmation which explains your rights.

7. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually get an email for online check in, maybe that could be an option. Then just pick up your keys whenever you arrive.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All hotels have a point where they decide someone is not going to show up, becomes a no show and it gets cancelled. What really hurts is they usually can CHARGE you for the room, but then go ahead a sell it to someone else. Double dipping!

Call for sure.

And call again so some trigger happy night clerk does not close it out.

9. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I would call and use the travel delay as an excuse. One option is if they offer online checkin. Meaning you check yourself in with a mobile app, provide CC for incidentals, and pick up room key at security desk.
    Not sure where you are staying at, but I thought Caesars still offered this option.

10. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i used the travel delay once but it was real and it worked...it was may 2014 i think. I got a call at 4am saying my flight was canceled. the military was flying a plane at 60k across all the flight paths, the computer screwed up and started canceling thousands of flights...

didnt get a flight till the next morning...all i done was call CP and tell them that beyond my control, I cant check in today. flight was canceled and cant get one til tomorrow...they said no problem

if you call them it should be ok, dont and risk cancellation and or charged for no show

11. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually get my rooms comp. When I make the reservation, I tell them I am not coming in until the next day at the am hour. I want to be able to get to my room when I arrive, that is why I book a day before I arrive. As long as you tell them your plan they will put a note on the reservation. Room is never canceled.

12. voltron12

voltron12 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This happened to me. My flight was canceled so I wasnt going to be able to make it until the next day. I called and they said no problem. The problem then was that when I got there at 9 am, they said I couldnt check in early unless i pay the early check in fee. I said I was supposed to be here last night so I dont see why I cant have a room now. I could understand if they didnt have any rooms available but she offered me one if i paid. They eventually got me in early but it took getting a supervisor involved. at checkout it showed a resort fee for the day I wasnt there and an early checkin fee also. I was diamond and said I wanted the resort fees waived but this was early on in the resort fee transition so I guess she didnt know how to handle it. I talked to my host and he took care of everything.

13. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes they will cancel your reservation. Its guaranteed with your credit card till midnight although they will tell you if you plan on arriving after 8p.m. to call. This is what I was told before my May visit to Ballys since I was trying to fly free on SWA (buddy pass) and was wondering what would happen if I couldn't get my freebie on my original arrival date. I actually called a host my host and she told me to caqll her if I saw that I wouldnt arrive on my original date.

I would call now to ensure that you know what you are up against. I can't imagine anything worse than flying cross country and arriving at "no" hotel room!

14. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.