1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best show prices

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by hotreds, Nov 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK- I'm going nuts going hither and yon trying to find the best prices for various shows I want to see in March. It seems that going to the hotel site and buying the tickets there gives you as good a price or better than say Vegas.com. Would it be worth my while to check half a dozen sites for prices on shows, or is the difference not worth the effort? Vegas.com does not let you pick your seats, something I like to do since I need an aisle seat, ideally. Any suggestions on sites that might have eye opening discounts on shows? I prefer to buy in advance, so Tix42nite is probably not an option.

2. Miles1

Miles1 Tourist

I drove myself crazy before my last trip doing the same. It seems that there are never really great deals on the popular shows, all the sites were pretty much the same, I ended up using showtickets.com for Absinthe, it was about $30 per ticket cheaper than the box office website.

3. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use groupon, living social, travelzoo to buy show tickets. I find that they are usually cheaper than vegas.com and for some of the shows/tickets you get forwarded to the boxoffice site itself. I got Carrot Top tickets thru travelzoo I believe it was and selected my seat. I don't think groupon gives you seat selection option but sometimes when they run a sale you can get a really good discount and you may be lucky enough to ask when redeeming at box office for an aisle seat and get it.

4. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI, Vegas.com is actually a travel agency or in other words a middle man which in most cases you probably want to avoid. You pay in advance (so they get their commission) and the refunds or returns are iffy at best.

5. jamie73

jamie73 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used different ticket deals but if there is a show that you really want to see I would suck it up and spend the extra money to get a really good seat. My wife and I paid full price for Absinthe to get the seats that we want. We got front row seats and had the Gazillionaire making us part of the show. It was a great time and we were glad with the seats. We were so close to the action that it is one of the more memorable shows we have seen. Was worth the extra $30 a ticket or so for the memories that we will always have.

6. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check Travelzoo or Goldstar. For most shows, a discounter will only offer will call tix but if it's possible to do seat selection, those sites are your best best.

7. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Leo. And, yes, Jamie, there is something to be said for getting what you pay for!

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Help will vary depending on what shows you are looking at.

I will add in that PLANS and REALITY once you are in Vegas have a wide gap. We always PLAN to see more shows, even the free ones we get as CET Diamond. But, drinks, eating, walking, etc tend to get in the way.

9. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be downtown feb an march 2016 and am starting to look at shows playing then. This is my 21st trip and I usually like to see 1 or 2 shows and some smaller, perhaps matinees as well. I have often bought tickets from travelzoo and Goldstar. Price are good and you get a confirmation email to print out. The names and tickets are uually faxed or emailed the day of the performance to the box office, where you can swap your confirmation for the actual ticket. I like orchestra seating and prefer an aisle seat. I have been very successful by going to the box office when they open. Seats are usually handed out on a first come basis. Some people don't like the extra trip but I usually stay for a week or more and have ample time, and have often got front row seats to top shows for a substantial discount for my trouble. It worked for the old Viva Las Vegas show, as well as Spamolot, Mama Mia, Hairspray, and many others. This works for TIX4TONITE as well.Buy your vouchers early and go right to the box office when they open.

Jimbo338

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.