1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo VIP check in New Years Eve

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Canucks13, Dec 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canucks13

Canucks13 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My host booked me for 3 nights at Cosmo for New Year's Eve.
    My question is about the VIP check in.
    Is it for anyone coming in on a comp room offer
    from a host,or marketing or is it for Marriott members only
    I want to know if I can use vip check in on New Year's Eve because the lines will probobly be long.
    I don't want to ask my host as its kind of embarrassing lol

2. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's wrong with asking? Hosts are there to help you.

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've walked in there and haven't been turned away before. I usually stay on a marketing offer and have identity gold. But I don't know officially who is/isn't supposed to use it. I'll ask my host when I get ready to book my next trip.

4. irmster

irmster Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never used it for marketing offers. Not clear who can use it really. Same thing as Wynn with the RFB room - not sure if I can use it or not, but I sometimes pop in there for a quick coffee or a bottle of water.

5. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That one is easy. If you have a star on your room key, you're good to go.

6. Vegas55

Vegas55 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't really answer the check in question for you but VIP check in is separate from the Marriott check in. It's to the right of that in a small room. As mentioned above check with your host.

7. Coupee36

Coupee36 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're fine.. they wont turn you down. I've never had an issue walking into any VIP checkin lines in vegas when its a comp. stay. I was just there at Cosmo this past weekend, and checked in at the VIP line as well no questions asked. Just told the host, i have comp nights and thats it.

8. thefish2010

thefish2010 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    VIP services check-in and Invited Guest check-in at the front desk (which I believe you're referring to as the "VIP Line") are two different things. Anyone with a comp can go to the Invited Guest check-in at the front desk at any Strip hotel. VIP Services check-in is an entirely different room/lounge, and yes, many places won't let you check in there if you aren't supposed to. At Cosmo, your host puts VIP Services check-in as part of the reservation. On one of my Cosmo trips, my host specifically told me to check in at VIP services, but I saw that the Invited Guest check-in line at the front desk was empty and I was in a hurry (plus I sometimes don't feel like dealing with the hoopla involved with the upper-tier check-in processes...sometimes they want to call your host down to welcome you and you have to wait for that etc.) so I tried to check-in there. The woman at Invited Guest check-in looked at my reservation, and said "oh you need to check-in at VIP Services" and walked me over there, where I was met with the very delays I didn't want to deal with.

If you don't want to bother your host, you should be able to just call room reservations, have them look at your reservation, and tell you if you are supposed to check-in at VIP services or through Invited Guest check-in at the front desk. But if you're in a hurry then VIP services check-in isn't all it's cracked up to be anyway, especially at Cosmo, where the personal touches (host coming over to welcome you etc.) and smaller staff often just adds up to delays. On New Year's Eve I'm guessing this will be especially true, as there will likely be more RFB guests than room-comp-only guests. VIP services (a small lounge with a small staff) may be overflowing, while the Invited Guest check-in line at the front desk may be very small.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  9. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have Marriott lifetime platinum elite and use the VIP check-in - it is much faster than any of the check-in lines.
    The only folks there seem to be, as the fish says, those with a host offer or the Marriott platinum and platinum elite members - but not the other Marriott statuses.

When we Were Young
  10. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never seen an invited guest line at Cosmo like I've seen at various mgm properties, just the Autograph lounge to the left of the check in desks. I'll my host about the specifics when I book my next room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.