1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ocean's Eleven Reboot

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Char1, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Char1

Char1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a version of Oceans Eleven being worked on with an all women cast starring Sandra Bullock...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2015
  2. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get nervous these types of reboots are about a social statement than making an entertaining movie. Admittedly, Oceans wasn't fine art but it was good and I hope they came up with a story and then found a reason to have Sandra Bullock in it. I like her movies a lot but that doesn't mean I want her in everything. Call me old fashioned or sexist.

3. imwired

imwired High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this doesn't interest me

4. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because REASONS!

5. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think it's a completely done deal and I hope it doesn't happen. Using an all female cast is a cheap excuse to do a remake instead of gambling on an original concept. I'm over it already and the first one hasn't even happened yet (Ghostbusters).

6. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand the Clooney remake. So much had changed between the original and the remake, that it made sense. The town had grown from a small gambling town to a megaresort city on the strip. The toys changed a lot too. They moved on from garbage cans and trucks to the high tech devices used in the burglary. These factors helped the movie stand on it's own rather than being a copy of the original. If it was remade now with Sandra Bullock, it would only seem like the Clooney version redone. Maybe give it another 10-15 years. I think a comparison would be "Heaven Can Wait" with Warren Beatty back in the 80's. It was a remake of "Here Comes Mr. Jordan" which I think was from the forties. The eras were totally different along with the circumstances, so it worked. It was remade again with Chris Rock in the 90s with the only change being a comedian instead of a football player. Here again, give ten more years and it might just work.

That being said, if it's redone, I'll watch at least once. If it's redone with Bullock, the frequency heads north!

Good Luck!
    Ric at Joes

7. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My immediate reaction is NO!!!!!!! cuz Sandra Bullock.

There are certain actors/actresses out there that seem to get tons and tons of roles, and I have absolutely no idea why. My husband made me go see Gravity, after seeing it alone. I had him promise me it wasn't just 2 hours of SB gasping and crying. He did. She did. I grumbled. ;)

After taking a breath, I remembered that was what I said about the Clooney remakes of the original and I sort of enjoyed a couple of those. If nothing else, it's a good opportunity to see my favorite city, highlighted on screen.

I think there have been some pretty great movies with female-ensemble casts in the last several years. I'm waiting to pass judgement on Ghostbusters until I see it. I'll try to do the same with this one too.

8. mkcoroner

mkcoroner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ...zzzzz....

9. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sandra was great in Speed and Demolition Man but that's about it... I'd have to take a pass.
    If she was still great they would have asked her to be in the Ghostbuster Re-make which
    I may see but i do not have very high hopes for. Some things should just be left alone!

10. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Horrible, Horrible, Horrible idea. The only reason the Clooney remake worked was you had a great director in Steven Soderbergh coming off the movieTraffic, Ted Griffin did a great job at reworking the original screenplay, and Jerry Weintraub (a legend in Hollywood and Vegas) was able to put together a great cast and execute the production so well. Lighting struck when they did Oceans 11 remake in 2000, that's why the sequels fell short and the idea of this all woman cast will be a complete and utter failure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.