1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Allegiant Air was Fine

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by OKC Gal, Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OKC Gal

OKC Gal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just returned from a four night trip, where I took Allegiant Air from OKC to Las Vegas. The only non stop OKC has had was Southwest Air. Allegiant just started the same route, and they had a fantastic $49 one way special that I took advantage of. As long as you are aware that they charge for EVERYTHING (bags, boarding pass, soft drinks),the experience was just fine. In fact, I preferred the plane of theirs over Southwest. Theirs has two seats on one side and three on the other. The side with two seats was very comfortable (I'm pleasantly plump, as they say).

If they are the lowest fare, I will not hesitate to fly with them again. Just thought I'd pass along...

2. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done decent with them as well (until they pulled out of my city)

3. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We looked into the $49 fares when they released them the first day but after all the extras they would have been a bit over 30/person higher than SW was for the same flight, nice to have a second option for NS flights from OKC for sure. Thanks for the report.

4. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, when we fly to Vegas, they're the only ones we fly with...
    45 minute Flight out of Stockton, cheapest fare...
    Who really cares if it's like a City Bus in the sky...for 45 minutes, I can deal with it.

5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here. They pulled out of LNK citing competition from Southwest in OMA. I've just heard horror stories from others on Allegiant and Spirit, although I've flown both personally and never had issues.

Now Allegiant started up in OMA but does not serve LAS. I'm surprised they fly OKC to LAS. Maybe this is an omen of things to come. :) SW could sure use some competition on the OMA-LAS route.

6. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

I am a fan of flying Allegiant. I really love their Giant seats which are the size of first class seats. The one downside I run into is that I can't carry on my bag. I have to check it because it is too big.

7. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    usally dont have a problem with them it is just sometimes flight take off time out there is unrelable always get nervous on the flight out since i want to get to vegas dammit not be delayed

8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whenever I used to fly Allegiant I would always have a contingency plan, looking up alternate flights just in case. My plan was that if the outbound flight from LAS to LNK was cancelled, I would quickly book another. All of the LNK-LAS flights were quick turn-arounds so I figured that if the inbound flight was in the air, we were good.

As I said, I've had good luck, but I've heard that if they cancel a flight they will not bend over backwards like a real airline to get you there. They will simply (eventually) refund your $$$ in 2-3 weeks and leave you cursing at the counter.

9. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Austin, only Allegiant, and SWA has direct flights to Vegas. I've never had an issue with Allegiant. Only delayed twice. Once because of weather in Austin, and once because someone was sick. Yeah, they do charge for everything, but I pick up a drink before we board, and I'm good. I upgraded to the big seat on my flight back this past time. Oh my it was nice. I can't sit in the exit row because I use a cane, so I was in that non-exit first row(3). The seat has a foot rest, and lays back. It was like I was in a lazy-boy. I can see why they charge what they do for them. It's worth it. They guy next to me said the same thing.

And, them being half the price as SWA doesn't hurt matters any either.

10. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone flown Allegiant out of IND direct to Vegas? (Or fly out of IND at all?)

We booked it inlieu of SW out of CMH for our trip in February. Shorter flight, half the price, and those GIANT seats were just too much to pass up (last trip to LAS we got stuck in a row with a VERY large other passenger and it was incredibly uncomfortable).

Anyway, any tips related to Allegiant out of IND or IND in general? Never flown out of there before.

Taking the wife to a work conference
  11. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you smoke,you can't even outside I found out this past September..A little overboard IMO..Not even Electric so I highly doubt I'll be in Indiana again.

12. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fly to Vegas out of Bellingham 8-10? times a year. I'm from Vancouver and it is way much cheaper than flying out of Vancouver (crossing the border etc, and it's only an extra 45 minute drive if I had flown out of YVR.) But. I put up with the delayed flights.(ALL THE TIME) $300 vs $800 or $1200. Now I'm not up on my aeronautics but BLI (Bellingham) can get fogged in. I'm told that Allegiant does not have ILS. Instrument Landing Gear? So one time coming back, it was so foggy (not snowy, just foggy) we couldn't land we cause it was so fogged in. We circled and circled and it didn't clear. So, apparently we had enough fuel (not a good thing to tell us on the plane) that we still have enough fuel to get to Pasco Washington, which had snow falling, but we landed. (an extra hour away)..We were given certificates to get a room (a portion of cost) and try again in the morning..but were not allowed to hang out at Pasco airport till the morning as they closed at midnight. I was able to grab a Best Western. Once we landed in beautiful Pasco Washington, there were highschool basketball teams on the flight that needed to be somewhere the next morning but cause the day before there was another couple flights diverted to PASCO,,,that all the rental vans were already booked to BLI so the rental companies in Pasco were not wanting ALL their vehicles one way to BLI...I was okay cause I'm just an old broad who missed work the next day, but I felt for the young teams who I know did not make their meets...

13. phade

phade Keeping tabs on LV while not there...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in wNY, but I have been flying to Indy for work several times. I spend about half to 3/4 of each month there at the moment. The Indy airport simply amazes me. They are efficient and pretty darn fast. One thing that I never really understood was the fact that most of the food joints are outside security.

But the people are nice and it is really really decorated for Christmas. They even had a DJ there Friday spinning classics and people were taking pictures of the decorations. For an airport, I thought this was very classy.

14. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same thing at OMA. All of the "real food" is before you pass the security checkpoint.

15. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pre 9/11 having food outside security could make sense. Certainly makes less sense now.

16. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Allegiant gets the job done for me. Very cheap and it has $50 in matchplays at golden gate every time you fly with them, $15 in freeplay at downtown grand (not sure how often) and $10 in freeplay and a $5 Ace card from el cortez once per year. It's a great option for the budget traveler on a short trip. Now, if you go to Vegas for more than 3-4 days at a time, or fly from the east coast and are over 6 feet tall, it becomes a pretty bad option.

17. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My issue is I am 6'1" tall so the seats tend to be very tight, plus they only fly to and from Wichita, KS 2 or 3 days a week and only once a day. Add in the nickle and dimeing I will stick with Soutwest. The roundtrip non-stop flight I just took on southwest cost $173.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.