1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I like Harrah's pool; will I like Linq?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Pea, Nov 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pea

Pea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I may be the only one who likes Harrah's pool, but I just require a place to lay in the sun (not under a palm tree in the shade :rolleyes2:). Maybe it's not "pretty," but I can always find a chair & not crammed right next to each other where you have to crawl on from the bottom, and there's room to angle the chair with the sun. There is an upper deck you can go to if it's crowded or if you want some more wind.

Sooo, wanted to stay at Linq but I am wondering how this pool is - is it easy to find a chair (in the sun)? Have read through the various threads where people are saying it's a lot of cabanas; have looked at pics and it looks like lounge chairs crammed right next to each other.

Nice lounge chairs though - are these open or do you have to reserve them? Does the pool get shaded by a building at some point?

Thoughts from those who have been to the Linq pool? thanks!

:peace:

2. TriggerMN

TriggerMN The Norwegian Hammer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed there two or three times since the remodel, and there have always been plenty of chairs open. It's similar to Harrah's in that the pool itself is just a big square, but they have a second "above ground" pool a bit to the east of the main pool. I would recommend looking around for the speakers and avoiding a chair by them. They tend to turn the music up way too loud at some points.

50th birthday bash! Cosmo/Horseshoe
    50th birthday bash! Cosmo/Horseshoe
  3. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never been to the Linq pool but I sure like the looks and patio of those cabana rooms where you have the patio going out from your room to the pool.

Sema Show
    Golden Knights here we come. Go Dallas Stars!
  4. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you like Harrahs pool, I doubt there's a pool anywhere in Vegas that would disappoint.

5. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

The Cee-ment Pond, Uncle Jed ?

6. DRPinVA

DRPinVA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been to Harrah's pool so I can't compare, but you mentioned that you enjoy laying in the sun...My only comment would be that the Linq pool is surrounded on 3 sides by the hotel towers, so you will probably be shaded for a larger portion of your day, especially this late into fall with the sun lower in the sky.

7. MojaveJoe

MojaveJoe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Linq pool is decent - the poster above is correct, the location in the middle of the towers limits the amount of direct sunlight the pool gets. We were there in July and had a daybed. Overall a good mix of pool goers. We had a good time that day as a reality show came in and filmed for about 3 hours next to us.

8. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing more needs added to this! haha

9. Pea

Pea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies! Well, most of you.

I'm going to give the Linq a go. If the sun is blocked I could always go to Harrah's pool. This is for February so it may be not pool weather anyway, but caught some good weather the same week 2 years ago.

10. DRPinVA

DRPinVA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your drink menu Vegas Trip May 2015 (17).jpg

11. Pea

Pea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! I didn't know they made blueberry Red Bull. :love:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.