1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Other MGM properties with the crappy ticket-scanner valet like Luxor

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by MisplacedTexan, Dec 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisplacedTexan

MisplacedTexan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've stayed at Luxor a few times in the past couple of years and while our stays have been surprisingly good, the thing I REALLY hate about the property is their valet system. Scan your ticket, sit down, wait forever with the throngs of other people waiting for their car, just about as you're ready to give up and find a human to complain to and find out if the scanning thing actually worked, your car finally gets pulled around. I'm usually so frustrated by the valet system that I self park and walk over.

My question -- do the other MGM properties nearby (NYNY, MGM Grand, Excal) use this insidious ticket-scanning system, too? I can't remember. I'm thinking about a quick trip down later this month and I'd be willing to pay a little more if I could get my car in a timely fashion.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And that is one of the main reasons we no longer drive in Vegas. And, when we do, we usually avoid Valet because you have to wait. And, not only do you wait, but you then have to give the guy money for doing his job.

3. motownbob

motownbob High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is the wait like ? 10 minutes ? Sit back , relax , and check out the blonde with the short skirt ! Bob

4. NativeSoCal

NativeSoCal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NYNY has it. We used it this past Sat thru Tue.

Didn't get car from valet until Monday and Tuesday.
    Scanned ticket, car was brought up in less than 5 mins. (Hardly any other peeps waiting at valet)
    It may be more painful on a weekend.

5. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NYNY has a scanner. Just stayed there in Oct. That's the only other one I remember.

You can call ahead at the Bellagio and your car will be there. number is on the ticket.

As far as waiting, I've seen the taxi lines after a show let's out. I would never be in Vegas without a car again.

Not to say that we don't use the monorail and various trams, we also love to walk in Vegas, now that my wife is able.

15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
    15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
  6. MisplacedTexan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When were there in June I timed it -- 32 minutes from scan to car. Granted, this was during EDC weekend and I'm not sure I've ever seen the place as busy as it was then. There's only so much babe watching I can do with my wife sitting beside me, elbowing me in the ribs. ;)

7. MisplacedTexan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, we're close enough that we always drive. We've done a couple of trips without a car. One relying on buses and feet, one relying on cabs and feet. I don't think I ever want to go back to not having a car.

Maybe I'll try NYNY this trip. I don't really care about whether I give a ticket to a person or scan it. But it's always a cluster at the Luxor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.