1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Lamb Chops

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Breeze147, Nov 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I remember having these long ago. I can sort of remember the taste.

Can these be made well in a skillet?

2. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont see why not,never been too crazy about them but people here can give you recipes to jazz them up and tell you how long to cook them.

3. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes if you sear them a bit and finish in the oven depending on the thickness...Will take too long in pan unless you like it rare....But Lamb racks cut into lollypops can be done quickly and even faster if season /baked to rare and then sliced when cooled for the pan/grill..

If you don't remember the taste Breeze,don't bother...I cook for a living and it's just one of the meats I have no desire to deal with in the first place or let alone eat..
    Somthing about the smell off the grill or Leg of lamb in the oven makes me nauseus...30 yrs and the mint jelly as well..

4. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lamb chops from any of Chicago's Greektown restaurants are among the more delicious things that one can consume.

5. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Australian lamb has a distinct aroma of sewage, more so than American. Never had much success with leg, but I almost always order lamb chops in high end joints. At ten dollars a pop they must know something I don't. Very tasty, never come with the jelly.

Bros are back!
  6. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Grill grill grill, and nuke the mint jelly. Now some fresh mint in a garlic and S&P slurry is nice, or rosemary instead. Don't forget a pinch of caribe in there too.

7. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    on one of the 4 menus that harrahs palm room rotates out they have lamb chops, the smell is strong but I like it...they dont use mint jelly instead they put them on a bed of pickled red cabbage and some spicey brown mustard on top...they dont last long when they have them

8. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love lamb.. rack, leg, chops YUMMY! I sear my lamb them in a cast iron frying pan then roll the chops in dijon and rosemary and finish them in the oven. I make a sauce with the drippings in the pan while the lamb is resting; although, you don't really need to in my opinion, my DH loves sauces!

9. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I LOVE lamb, but how the Basque's fix it... lots and lots of garlic! No mint jelly for me.

10. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fry lamb chops in a skillet with butter. Delicious and healthy in my opinion.

11. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This makes me hungry for Turkish Beyti Kebab, spicy ground lamb formed into long patties and grilled. I had lamb for the first time about 10 years ago at a Korean BBQ buffet, I thought I had picked up marinated beef, but it was lamb. It was awesome.

12. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all.

13. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Sherry Lewis ?.......anybody ?

14. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This thread reminded me ... of an awesome appy at Roaring Fork (Scottsdale) some years back: Frenched "popsicle" lamb chops with queso fundido. It was rather brilliant.

15. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love lamb- chops, stew, saddle, leg, what have you. I eat it mostly in curries, but a roast leg studded with garlic and rosemary or pan fried chops are lovely, too. The Bacchanal Buffet had some really gamey offerings, to my delight. I have to take exception with the mint jelly, though- while the lamb eaters in my family used it, my taste doesn't really extend to sweets, so I used Crosse and Blackwell's mint sauce, which is largely mint and vinegar, and it cuts the fat down while still giving a strong mint taste.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.