1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anything Good Or Bad To Say About FOX Rental Cars?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Foos, Nov 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheapest rate I can find is at Fox and I have never used them before, do any of you have any stories or experiences you would like to relate?
    thanks

2. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just used them for the first time this past weekend. Hate driving to Vegas because of the drive home, but flights on Thanksgiving day were super expensive. So we rented from Fox to drive out and took a cheap flight home Saturday evening.

No complaints with Fox, picked up from the Orange County location near John Wayne airport, and dropped off at their Vegas location a couple miles south of McCarran. They didn't have the midsize I reserved, so was upgraded to a full size Camry for free. Total cost out the door was just over $25, plus about $21 to fill the tank before drop off. Didn't spend more than 15 minutes at either the pick up or drop off facilities. Though I read reviews that long waits can be common during busier times. Also didn't have to deal with the airport shuttles (just Ubered to and from the facilities).

Overall I'd use them again.

3. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to be a total snot here, but the thing that's a turn-off about Fox and that other one across the street is the hassle of two shuttles. I know it's picky, but when I'm on vacation I just don't want to futz around with a "connection" on a car rental shuttle!

4. nickle

nickle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This experience is copied from a facebook post of a fellow who works at a Canadian Tire store in Ottawa........."hBEWARE RENTAL CARS IF YOU TRAVEL. I rented a brand new car in Vegas....I noticed when we were 80 miles away from the closest tire shop that the left front tire was starting to zipper..."a defect in the tire". Fox rent a car told me we were on our own... and welcome to tow the car the 80 miles for service! I managed to drive the car back the 5 hours from the Grand Canyon to Vegas. NOTE...."the car was not equiped with a spare"..."just a can of sealent GOOP! and an air pump%$%$$!!!." We flew out the next morning and I contacted Fox Rental again when we got home. "The car was not safe to be on the road"...but they stated they rented it again without changing the tire.Well ...I hope who ever rented the car did not end up upside down in the ditch miles from anywhere! The speed limit on major roads in Navada is 85 miles an hour...."they typically drive 140 to 160 km an hour.***I hope they enjoyed their visit from the DOT...ENFORCEMENT Zone 54 Nevada ...mechanics like doctors do have a professional respect for their peers...even from another country.***"......Reports similar to this are why I have never used FOX.

5. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had no problems when renting from Fox and put about 1000 miles on the car. But, we picked it up and dropped it off in Phoenix, so I can't comment on Vegas logistics. For Fox to ignore a safety defect is criminal and should be punished and hopefully was!

6. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out Yelp. No one had anything good to say about fox. Common complaint is the loooong wait for cars.

7. billydice

billydice Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have rented from fox Las Vegas on two ocassions. The double shuttle is a little bit of a pain but worth the savings to me.
    The first time I rented from them I did have a long wait for the car but other than that everything was fine.

The second trip I got to the rental center at about 9:30 am and had no wait for my car. I drove to Reno and back and had 0 problems with the car. I would rent from again.

Hope this helps

8. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I rent from Fox in both Vegas and Phoenix frequently and 90% of the time have good experiences - LOL. In phoenix, they are located in the same building as the other car rental agencies, in Vegas, as others have stated, you need to go to the car rental building, walk across the parking lot, and pick up another shuttle. Shuttle's usually run every 15-20 minutes. The actual fox rental car agency is about 5-10 minutes away. It is located just off the strip past the South Point resort. And yes, at peak times they can be understaffed, but so can all of the other rental car companies.

The bottom line is, if you are renting from fox, you need to budget extra time, both when you arrive, and when you depart (ie return the car). 1/2 hour each way usually. If you are only in vegas for 2-3 days, it may not be worth it to you, for longer stays, it really isn't that big a deal, especially if your looking at a $100+ savings. If the savings is only $5-$20, you may want to just go with a company in the rental car center.

Here are some hints:

- Join fox's car rental program and receive 5% off
    - Search the internet as sometimes there are additional discounts available
    - Fill out the inspection/damage sheet when you get the car and indicate any damage/flaws. Fox sometimes has some older rentals in the lower categories so make sure if there are dents or dings you mark them down. Sometimes they do check the car when returning, including the windshield looking for chips.
    - budget an extra 30 minutes to drop the car off, take the shuttle to the car rental station, and then the shuttle from the car rental station to the airport.

hope this helps you out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.