1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gun Range Experiences

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by clairesav, Nov 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clairesav

clairesav Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

Going back to Vegas in June and wanting to visit one of the gun experiences. Just wondered what you all think are the best ones..

TIA

2. simundo26

simundo26 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i been 702 very good, shuttle driver even took us in and out burger and then back to bellagio

3. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband has been to a few. He didn't like 702, said not as good a selection of guns and though you can never know for certain, within a couple hours of using his credit card there, the bank called as someone was using it in Vegas. He still had the card in his possession. Someone made a few small purchases at computer stores then tried to make a large one and the bank caught it as it is an apparent pattern when a card has been compromised. Our host at Tropicana had set it up so we did alert him to what had happened. Again, it could be a coincidence, but it did make us wonder. Hubby preferred The Gun Store.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  4. 2wayparlay

2wayparlay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Battlefield Las Vegas

5. PrincessPansy

PrincessPansy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We enjoyed the Gun Store. I'd never used a gun & was really nervous but our instructor was very patient & kind. All in all, an excellent experience.

6. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to the Gun store several times. They are located quite a ways from the Strip on East Tropicana. You shouldn't have a problem taking a cab to/from their range. The last couple of times the place was very crowded; had to wait about an hour before being called up by a range instructor. More recently, I have been to Battlefield Vegas, which is located on Industrial Dr right behind Circus Circus. They will pick you up and bring you back to your hotel using a HumVee. They have a nice waiting area and I have never had to wait more than 20 minutes before getting into the shooting range. The instructors at both places are very professional and patient with new shooters.

7. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to American Shooters a few years back because you can walk it from Orleans. I wanted to try two handguns I was thinking about buying, but mostly wanted the machine gun experience. Bought two magazines, pretty expensive. If you expect to go all Al Pacino on the room rethink it. Range warden came in with me and warned me to keep it to six to eight round bursts or the gun would overheat. He backed me in an uncomfortably close but necessary stance. I was lucky to get four rounds off before the muzzle went towards the ceiling. After I finished the bill was about one hundred twenty. He says anything else. I say after dropping all that coin I gotta get a t-shirt, right? He went and got one and put it in a bag for me. Later I felt embarrassed because I was trying to imply that I had to buy one, he thought I was demanding to get one for free. Took it home and it was thinner than a Kleenex, felt less bad. If you ever thought a machine gun in a movie was cool, go fire one, worth the money.

Bros are back!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.