1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Turkey Day Weekend: General Plans

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by jimboguy, Nov 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    11/25 until 11/30 in Vegas

There is snow in the forecast for SLC on Wednesday night, so I'm hoping it's mild and doesn't prevent my 10:45pm Southwest flight from an on-time departure. After touching down I plan on grabbing a Lyft to Gold Coast. I'm staying there for two nights before moving to Downtown Grand until 11/30.

My main plans include watching football, playing VP, and drinking some beer. Thanksgiving weekend is one of my favorite times for Vegas because of all the football games to be watched while bellied up to a VP bar. I'll probably bet a few parlay tickets just to make the games more interesting. Navy is going to beat Houston, right?

I may concentrate play at Boyd for a few days because of their point promotions:
    Thursday is 7x points on VP at Gold Coast
    Friday is 7x points on VP at Suncoast
    (27th-30th) is 7x points on VP at Sam's Town

I'll be interested to see what the performance circles look like on the FSE and to observe what sort of difference they make, if any.

I am not a foodie. Chicago Brew Co inside 4 Queens, 777, and Pizza Rock will be on the docket for food and drink.

This is a solo trip, but I will be hanging out with a fellow VMBer whose trip dates coincide. I'll have my bracelet so say hello if the glitter gets in your eye.

2. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds good to me, jimboguy.

I'm driving down from SLC. Because of the storm coming in, I'm coming down Tuesday night. It's an easy drive at night and I usually leave SLC at 7pm - and there's typically very light traffic all the way down. I usually get to my LV condo about 1230 am without pushing it, 1 am if we take a break or two. There's no wait at the Virgin River Gorge that time of night.

Thanksgiving dinner reservations for my Wife and I at Bazaar Meat (SLS) and Wifey is REALLY looking forward to it. We'll hang out, hit FSE a night or two and do some shopping.

Be safe. Enjoy.

Bill

3. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a nice Thanksgiving, Bill. Smart move to leave town before the weather, and departing after traffic dies down makes a lot of sense.
    I hear good things about Bazaar Meat. Enjoy!

4. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you, jimboguy.

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.