1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Does anyone else get nervous days before a trip to Vegas?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Flowers, Nov 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My trips to Vegas sometimes can't seem to come soon enough but almost without fail, a few days out I start to get a little stressed, focused on the stuff I've got to do, not just work-related tasks, but making sure I've packed appropriately, haven't forgotten that 99th piece of valuable information that I learned while reading a VMB post, cleaned my apartment so I come back home to a pristine place (that's a great feeling), gotten my nails done, shopped for those last minute travel-sized items or a piece to complete that special Vegas outfit (channeling Mrs. Furi here), etc. etc.

Exactly three days from now my non-stop flight will have just taken off for Mecca. I just finished jotting down a quick agenda of the zillion things I want to get done by Monday morning. I will likely not be on the board much this weekend, except to take a break!. I know, this is a nice "problem" to have LOL, but does anyone else get pre-Vegas anxiety, fun jitters? :confused2:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  2. Pancakes

Pancakes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Know exactly what you mean. I'm sat here wondering what I have forgotten to pack!

3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to know I am not a alone! Have a great trip Pancakes!

4. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I created a Pre-Travel Checklist PDF that I'll print out before my trip. It has check boxes that I can either check off or fill in with an X if something does not apply.
    It's not just for Las Vegas. It's very generic and list different things like types of Clothing, Passport, Money, Gas, Meds, Charge Devices, Camera, Turn off Lights etc.

5. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a list too but I like the idea of a generic list with boxes to check . Something like that would reduce my stress level. LOL. Wishing you a great trip as well mdee!

6. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks - Same to you! Yes it def cuts down on the Stress and especially the Guess Work. I even have boxes to remind me to Print Boarding Passes, Show Tickets -
    and to Turn off the Water Main and the Water Heater etc. No One wants to come home to a major water leak right? It's one less thing I have to worry about.

7. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always. I always call and reconfirm hotel - print out the confirmation. Also get anxiety about not packing everything. Then on day of flight I am all relaxed.

8. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have separate items of all my travel essentials that never leave the suitcase.

So all I have to do is throw the clothes in the morning of my flight and I never forget anything.

9. sam_marques

sam_marques Vegas Vlogs Youtube / TeamClareVlogs

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am exactly the same and soooo pleased to read I'm not alone. It's really a lot of little things that I think about constantly. When is the best day to get my nails done, what purses should I take lol
    Also my next trip is the first winter trip in a really long time, the last time I travelled to Vegas in December was 2002, most other trips are spring/summer so now my clothes situation is totally different. Arrrrrrgh
    This trip cant come soon enough lol

10. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand the stress of trying not to forget anything. I really stress to make sure the "essentials" like meds, BANKROLL, (lol) specialty clothing like winter coats, chargers, phone, etc does not get forgotten.

Other things like hygiene products, razors, etc. I try not to forget but if it happens I just buy it there. Maybe that's why there is a Walgreens every 100 ft. in Vegas......

11. aa0154

aa0154 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to stress out a bit as well. But over the years of many Vegas trip, I e trained my brain to understand that as long as I have my ID to get on the plane and debit card to get money, I can simple but anything I might have forgotten.

12. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have something almost exactly like this, although it doesn't include the household stuff (turn off lights, etc.). I also have a full duplicate set of toiletries and medications/vitamins that I just keep in my suitcase, so I never have to worry about forgetting them the morning of. That still doesn't stop my OCD from kicking in; I once literally called my doorman to have someone go upstairs and make sure my apartment was locked, because I got paranoid about it for some reason.

13. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here.

14. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get that kid-on-Christmas Eve-type excitement a few days prior to Vegas.
    I get that "hope-the-plane-doesn't-crash" nervousness at the same time, but only when we fly Spirit!

Have a super trip!

-Richard

15. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a hyper little kid to start with. But, before Vegas I'm bouncing around like a lunatic. I try to play it cool, like...whatevs...Vegas...no big...But I can't!

16. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shifter and br549, I have tried that but with just so-so success with basic toiletries but then ah, the decisions about what color lipsticks, blushes, eyeshadows, etc. etc. to take kick in! But, agree having the basics packed makes a lot of sense and would be a great headstart. Something tells me shifter you are super organized to be able to pack the morning of!

Sam_marques, too funny about the day to get nails done. I worry a bit about the same thing too. LOL. I have a mani/pedi scheduled for 4:30 today because the place near my apartment is closed on Sunday and Monday but then I'm thinking, I have to finish my major cleaning (e.g., bathroom, etc) BEFORE the manicure cause what's the point of a great mani and THEN having your hands in water and cleaning liquids for hours! Decisions decisions!

44, I too am OCD re: making sure the apartment door is locked, the refrigerator door is closed, faucets are completely off, etc. Thanks everyone for the replies. We indeed are not alone!

17. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get anxious when I land in Vegas, I have to hit Walgreens, and coordinate with my friends on what to do, and unpack. Oddly enough, my stress/anxiety is when I land for the 1st hour, then it's allll fun from there!

July 19th - July 24th
  18. jeanf

jeanf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was always triple checking every trip too, having many lists and scraps of paper, especially when my kids were younger and we went to Florida at least once a year. A few years ago I checked the online lists, and the link below is for the best I've found. Lots of room to add in special items for different trips, ie teapots, ziplock, etc. I always use it on all our trips, one per person, and use the same checklist packing to come home too. Now we never forget phone and game chargers at hotels:

http://www.smartertravel.com/blogs/today-in-travel/the-ultimate-packing-list.html?id=13784603

19. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't worry at all about packing, I have an entire dresser drawer pre-packed with mostly everything except clothes.

But it seems like most trips there's always something going on (weather, ill relatve, etc.) that has the potential to derail or throw a monkey wrench the trip at the last minute.

20. rgerards

rgerards Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Iam already stressed .... 169 days to go

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.