1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hotels.com reward program

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by chef, Nov 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Any recommendations on whether or not to join up?

2. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The free program? Is there one you have to pay to join? The free program has been good to me. When it first stated, I booked 10 nights through hotels.Com at about $120 for business travel and then booked my free night at The Chelsea in AC on NYE saving $399. They changed the terms of the free night to be equal to the average of your 10 paid nights after that.

3. wernerw

wernerw Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yes, the good old times.... ;-)

Of course you should join. It is free and gives you a free night for every 10 nights booked.

4. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doesn't hurt to sign up but be aware that your hotel rewards points expire after a certain time (2 years? I'm not sure). I used them for a few trips and even got to use the free night once but after that my points expired because I didn't book through them in a few years.

Lately I've been using booking.com for my hotels, mostly because most of the time they don't require you to pay everything up front like hotels.com does. I have booked and paid through hotels.com and cancelled with no problems but I kind of like to pay when I actually get to the hotel so booking.com was more convenient for me.

5. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't booked with Hotels.com in a year or two, but from what I remember, most of the time you couldn't use promo codes if you wanted to earn a reward night credit for your stay. I've found that Orbitz has been cheaper with the use of promo codes and the 3 to 5% back you get with each booking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.