1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Las Vegas Motor Speedway Kobalt 400

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by BayouBengal, Nov 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I have no experience in attending a race ever. But my father is a fan of sport. I was toying with the idea of getting tickets to the race for his birthday. Of course there are tons of options. Obviously the big event is the Sunday race and everything that I've heard is that if you aren't in the club you want to be higher in the stands so that you can see the track. Of the Petty Terrace and Earnhardt Terrace which is better? For a race fan is it more exciting to see the drivers enter or exit pit row? I'd think Earnhardt Terrace since you'd see the shuffling and positioning to get to the pits plus the final lap you get to see the final stretch.

Once seating is settled, the Neon Garage pass looks like a race fans dream so I'm thinking this is a no brainier. Anyone been in it? Is it feasible to go on race day?

And getting to/from the track. I assume it's an absolute cluster-f. Do you recommend shuttle or driving yourself?

2. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve sat in Petty and Earnhardt. Both are great but I prefer Petty slightly. You get a better view of restarts and I like the view of the cars coming around turn four down toward the finish line. But you can’t go wrong with either Terrace – it’s completely a personal preference thing.

LVMS is a great place to watch a race. Any decent seat will have a good view of the whole track. And the layout is such that it’s fairly easy to get around once you’re on the grounds (relatively speaking, of course, any event with 120,000 people isn’t going to be EASY to navigate). Also, the Petty/Earnhardt seats have actual seatbacks and armrest so you don’t have to worry about being packed in like sardines.

As far as getting to and fro, I’ve always driven so I can’t speak about any other means of getting there. But if you’re driving, and as long as you’re popping for the good seats, you might want to consider the “Lucky 7” parking pass too. IIRC, it’s about $60-70 but I thought it was well worth it. You’ll be able to park very close to the track (again, relatively speaking…) and they let that lot out first after the race. So it will save you quite a bit of time getting out of there. (That said, I usually go to the race with three others, so the $60-70 split four ways makes it almost a no-brainer.) Getting to the track isn't really all that terrible. Not pleasant, but I've dealt with a lot worse for big events. I'd allow at least 2-3 hours to get to the track (from the strip, I assume DT is the same) and to your seats depending on your parking situation. Getting back to the hotel is a bit worse if you don't get the Lucky 7 pass. But with the pass, you'll be back at the BJ table with a beer in hand in 1.5-2 hours.

I’ve never done the Neon Garage so I can’t help there. My father and I are NASCAR fans…but also Vegas degenerates! Too much gambling and boozing to do.

3. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure how old your dad is or how well he still gets around, but be prepared for a lot of walking that day. If that may be a problem, you want to pass on the Neon Garage as that only adds a lot of mileage to your sneakers. If this isn't a problem though, go for it as its really a great area of the track to visit.

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not worried about the walking. He'll be 65 and he and mom are pretty active.

Parents aren't really gamblers but shows, dancing and a nice dinner are right up their alley.

5. WestTexas

WestTexas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to the NASCAR race weekend the last 3 years. I purchased the VIP that comes with a suite and tickets for all 3 days. It also includes food and beverage as well as parking in the VIP lot and access to the Neon Garage. It is kind of expensive at $1,199.00 a person, but it is worth it as sometimes it is extremely hot in the stands and the suites have AC. The suite also shows the television broadcast so you can see replays.

The Neon garage is great. You go to the second level and you can see in to each garage through the glass while they work on the cars. With the suite you also have access to pit road and sometimes you can run into drivers on occasion.

I took the bus the first year. I think it was with Keystone Tours. The pick-up at certain hotels along the strip. If you take the tour bus, then I would choose the ET seats. That is the side of the track the buses let you out. When the race is over you can witness another race as it is a mad dash to the buses. I just drive now since I get the VIP parking.

Maybe I will see you there this year.

If you not that into NASCAR it might not be worth the added cost.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.