1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Date night dinner that isnt a Steak House

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Bamfbowhunter, Nov 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bamfbowhunter

Bamfbowhunter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me and my wife are headed out for the super bowl and i always seem to pick steak houses.. She wants to go a different route on this trip and go somewhere different.. What yall got??

2. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bootleggers or Casa Di Amore

3. bwatson23

bwatson23 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We like Yellowtail at Bellagio or Benihanas at the (now) Westgate. Also, Sinatra at Wynncore is prime-time Italian.

4. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It would help if we knew your budget and where you are staying. A few thoughts off the top of my head: Bardot, Aureole, Latelier, Koi, Tetsu, Michael Mina, Sinatra, Aquaknox, Eiffel Tower. All are nice settings with good food, but a lot more than steak

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Strip: db Brasserie

Off-Strip: Marche Bacchus

Or any of perhaps 50 other places!

6. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At least!

What's your pleasure? Asian? French? Italian? Seafood? Is the view more important than the food? Give us some more info.

That said, Sinatra at Encore is the recommendation.

7. Vanessa24

Vanessa24 Tourist

We love Il Mulino - third floor at the Forum Shops. Great Italian food with tons of little extras (some appetizers, garlic bread / cheese, grappa at the end of the meal) and service is amazing.

8. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Buddy V's at Venetian. Outstanding Italian food.

Bill

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, there a few hundred places on the strip.

What are you thinking about - French, Italian, Steak, Fish, Pizza, etc?
    Price range: El Cheapo, Low Range, Mid Range, Top Shelf place?
    Doing many drinks? Just normal stuff, or fancy shmancy wine?

Where are you staying?

Dress up dinner, or jeans?

Guess what I am saying, is there are hundreds and hundreds of choices.. help us help you.

10. Bamfbowhunter

Bamfbowhunter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Asian
    Seafood
    Italian

Would probably be the top 3 not in any order. We have never had French food really so that might be something we want to check out.

Budget probably 75-80$ a person

11. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want romantic, go French. Alize is fantastic but you can get good French on the strip, maybe Le Cirque or Picasso. Eiffel Tower is pretty decent as well.

I wouldn't go Asian for romance but that's just me.

Scarpetta is our favorite Italian restaurant. It's wonderful and overlooks the fountains at Bellagio. Scott Conant's spaghetti dish from Scarpetta has been featured on "the best thing I ever ate." It's definitely one of the best things I've ever eaten. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7BeGj38J4k

No clue on seafood but if I was to go the seafood route, I'd eat at the Wynn/Encore. They have a Marine Biologist on staff that takes care of the live seafood they sell in the restaurants of the property so you know you're getting fresh seafood.
    http://lasvegassun.com/news/2012/may/29/meet-marine-biologist-who-makes-seafood-science-wy/

12. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Javiers at aria free chips and salsa and tequila to make her clothes fall off lol

Otherwise carbone was really great romantic evening seated in the red room

13. Miles1

Miles1 Tourist

Hakkasan, great high end chinese food, has a couple set menus in this price range.

Lotus of Siam, cab ride off the strip, ugly strip center but nice once inside. Best northern Thai food, spicy prawns, a whole fish, duck curry, bottle of Riesling, great date night

If atmosphere and a cab ride doesn't matter, try Joyful House on spring mountain. look at the pictures on yelp, you can ignore most of the reviews, make sure you know what you're getting in to. I've had a great date here, and good meals.
    If picking out your dinner from tanks of live fish and different lobsters and crabs is your kind of thing... just know, the food is good, what the American diner would consider good table service usually doesn't really happen here you may have to go ask, the chairs are old, dirty table clothes, table next to you may be left unbussed etc... not a problem if you're used to small Asian restaurants. They are also are open until like 3am, and have quick, cheap dishes too.

I know nothing about Italian food in Las Vegas, and I haven't tried either of these two, but in the price range RM Seafood and Bouchon are said to be solid choices for seafood or French respectively. If I was going to do French on the strip I would probably wait until I could drop $200-300pp at Guy Savoy or Robuchon.

14. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alize supposedly has a terrific view and there's currently an offer on TravelZoo that looks pretty attractive and would be within your stated budget.

Lakeside at Wynn has a very nice seafood selection and we enjoyed the atmosphere with the Lake of Dreams just off of the patio...it might test your budget a bit.

15. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Costa di Mare at Wynn

16. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Sage is still my favorite.

17. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Andres at Monte Carlo sometimes has a groupon price fix - check it out

18. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lotus of Siam, Hong Kong Cafe, Mizumi for Asian. Lakeside, Costa di Mare for seafood. Lots of Italian places, just stay away from Buddy V's. Worst food in town!

19. gabeoak

gabeoak Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At 75-80 pp Le Cirque is out. It is my favorite to recommend for a quiet, stellar dining experience. A poster recently mentioned Scarpetta. That would be an excellent choice. You will look at the menu and think "25 bucks for spaghetti". I know I did. But..... Wow. Is it delicious. I am also a fan of the Duck and Fois Gras stuffed ravioli. They setting after sunset is elegant and warm.

20. bagpipe1

bagpipe1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alize is very romantic. Make reservations and request a window seat overlooking the strip for 30 minutes before sunset.

You get to watch as the sun goes down and the lights come on on the strip--pretty cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.