1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

March Madness - Man Caves - Advice - Thanks!!

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by fudgewapner, Nov 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fudgewapner

fudgewapner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Howdy -

Going to first round of Madness this year, likely 3/16 to 3/19. The group is considering options, and one is a "man cave" that Planet Hollywood offered last year. This wasn't done last year, but it sounded interesting. The cost for 2015 was around $2,200 for nine people (with added guests possible), a living room setup, tons of TVs, open premium bar (not just beer), and buffet food. Has anyone done this? Are the $50-100 a person parties a better option?

No one in the group has a host, although several have a good bit of money, so the cost is less of a concern, it's more about the quality of the experience. Any thoughts?

2. BTSyndrome

BTSyndrome Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been part of a group that has done the man cave at PHO, 3 times myself, many more for the others.
    I'm guessing the $2,200 you quoted is for the smaller sized man caves on the right side of the room or the one middle sized room on the left when you first enter.

We have always been in the largest man cave room in the back left.
    This room included our own pool table, beer pong table, and a pop-a-shot.
    It has a projected 120+" screen in the middle along with 4 other TV's.
    And this room was alot more than $245 per person.

The food for the most part has been so so... nothing fancy. Just typical wings, hot dogs, beef sliders, and misc. sides and desserts.

The open bar is nice (no lines) but there is a bartender. So technically not free if you tip for a drink. No tip.. than it is free :drunk:
    The best part is the betting station just for the man caves. The line goes fast and might have 6-8 people ever at the most. We would do second half bets a lot since there wasn't any wait.

The smaller areas only have the four tv's and a beer pong table and shared a couple pool tables that are out in the middle.

All of this info I'm trying to remember is from 2013, the last time I went, but the group went again last year.

Hope this helps a little :peace:

3. fudgewapner

fudgewapner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BT, thanks a lot! It's hard to find reviews of the man caves.

How well stocked is the open bar? Not expecting 30 year aged stuff, but did it have available the usual cast of characters? Rum, vodka, etc.?

I assume that number of tv's was plenty?

Final question, do they sell out fast? Any kind of alert or typical release date?

4. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While I've never done a man-cave, I've been to Vegas for the first round three times.

I've been to Vegas many times for different reasons, different season, etc... never for the Super Bowl though. I was also just there for the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight.

Keeping in mind that I have no data on the Super Bowl, Vegas is without a doubt, the most busy I've ever seen it during the first weekend of March Madness. And, I mean PACKED. You can't even approach a sports book during the middle of the day Thursday and Friday. Even walking down the street is difficult because of the mobs of people. It has to be the most popular event of the year for Vegas.

With that said... if you have a group and can nail something down, do it. Reserve early and often. It'll be the best money you've spent.

Otherwise, plan to camp out in the sports book overnight trying to save a few seats with everyone else trying to do the same.

There's a March Madness in Las Vegas Facebook group. Join it. They keep it updated with the different things that are going on.

5. fudgewapner

fudgewapner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advice! I did join the FB page, it certainly seems like they keep it updated. I haven't been to Madness in 10 years, but just like you been for NYE, Super Bowl, and other events. Biting the bullet and paying for a dedicated space seems wise, even if that cuts into the gambling budget.

Anyone else gone the Man Cave route?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.