1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Booking free rooms at two hotels on one visit: Mlife

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Multifarious5, Nov 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi All,

I received free room/FP/RC offers at two of my favorite Mlife hotels last summer. After lots of worry and research, I found with 72 hours in between promo comps it's allowed, they just won't let you double-dip on RC, which I ABSOLUTELY understand.

I plan to go out this spring, and again have 3 free nights at two of my favorite hotels---but I can't afford the time off work to extend past 1 week.(which it would take to budget 3 days free, 3 days paid, then 3 days free again."

My question is, I know you need 72 hours in-between comped promos, and I plan to use two of the 3 comped days at the first hotel, three days, then cash in final comped 3 days.

Here's the rub. I sometimes get additional comps from playing, on top of the original promo. If I am scheduled to pay for 3 nights in between promo comps, but then a hotel grants an extra comped night or two based on play, does this additional comped night extend the 72 hour rule, or am I safe since it's a comp based on recent play, not a pre-defined promo?

If I schedule 3 paid nights but the accept an additional play-based comp, can this jeopardize the second hotel's comped reservation? While I never like turning down extra comps, I also do NOT want to jeopardize my final promo as they're suite rooms. Worse, don't want to check into the second hotel, and then find out upon CHECKOUT that I lost my comped rooms, as these will be the most expensive rooms of the trip.

P.S. I am not trying to be weasley. I love both hotels and make sure to focus ALL playing at the comping resort while I stay there. It's critical to me that I spend enough that I feel like I am absolutely earning my comps, versus taking advantage of their generosity---but it would also be foolish of me NOT to cash in on comps if they're allowed. I certainly don't mind paying for 3 nights in between, but if I get extra comps, and it's allowed, I also don' want to throw extra comps away.

Thank you for being patient with my long-winded worry-fest! :)

2. Char1

Char1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board.
    Maybe a quick call to mlife or Cet would get you the best answer.

Good Luck!

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you are doing this:
    3 nights Comped at Hotel 1
    3 nights paid at Hotel 1
    3 nights comped at Hotel 2

?

I doubt it will jeopardize your 2nd promo reservation, there's no reason for it to. Any nights they comp you of the middle three will be because of your accrued comp earnings, it won't count as a promo, so it doesn't violate the terms of either offer.

From what you said, you know they will be looking for you to "play off" the first three nights.

The real question I see is:

You get to the end of the first 3 nights and have some comp value accrued over and above the amount necessary to cover the comp and any room charges. Will they carry any excess forward to the next three paid nights and apply it at the end of those 3 paid nights, along with any additional comp value you accrue during those 3 paid nights? You would kind of want to get assurance of that at the end of the first three nights, or ideally in advance, because it could affect how you play.

I think a host might be able to accomplish that, either by giving you a thumbs up to the concept in advance (or right after you arrive), or by looking at your play at the end of the 3rd day and telling you, yes, we'll comp the first night of your paid stay in advance. Or by saying we'll look at the 6 nights together when comping you at the end of your stay at Hotel 1.

I wouldn't count on the computer system/front desk carrying any comp value forward. They're going to want to use any comp value from the first three nights against the first three nights charges only.

4. Stevie D

Stevie D VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you thought about going to front desk and checking out and then checking back in? That would give you two trips and whatever host gives you on second 3 day has nothing to do with your offers

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1 - Which hotels are we talking about?

2 - What sort of offers are your getting?

3 - Have you asked if you can just get 6 nights vs the 3 on the first comp?

4 - Have you asked in your can get you 2nd set of 3 nights at the other place without any of the other perks - just the room?

6. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No it would be the same trip since no time in between.

You need 3-7 days off in order to start a new trip.

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That does not rule out getting more days. Depending on your play and host, they may give you more days. But, you have to call in. Do not feel boxed in by offers.

You might want to word your discussion along the lines of : "I want to come out for xx days. What can you offer me?". They do not have to stick with your offers, or they can add days to it.

9. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you Chuck! Booking free rooms at two hotels on one visit: Mlife

Thank you EVERYONE for the great responses! I misspoke on 3 comped / 3 paid / 3 comped, it's 3/3/3 but between those two hotels, not 3 hotels. I was planning my first 3 comped nights at one hotel, adding the paid nights to one of the comping hotels (as an add-on reservation), and then moving to the second hotel for the final 3 nights (so only staying at two properties.)

Chuck, this was golden and was just what I was looking for: "I doubt it will jeopardize your 2nd promo reservation, there's no reason for it to. Any nights they comp you of the middle three will be because of your accrued comp earnings, it won't count as a promo, so it doesn't violate the terms of either offer."

I have NO problems paying for the 3 nights in between, as both the offers are very generous. BUT since I sometimes get extra play based comps pre-check out, I just wanted to make sure SURE cashing in on play-based comps didn't jeopardize my final promo at the second hotel. If I don't play enough to win extra comps it's a moot point, but since I've lucked out with extra comps in the past, it was worth asking.

So, THANK you guys, great answers!

P.S> On my last trip, I DID check with the hotel about using two promos with 72 hours in between. I asked that they let me know if this was a no-no and I'd absolutely cancel the second. While they'll never embrace it, they just didn't comment and continued with my booking, and I made sure to play enough I wasn't in the dog house with either hotel. :) BUT while it was allowed, I don't think they liked the question so, while I want to operate legally, I don't want to rub salt into a wound!

10. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What you said in your OP about not being able to use the throw-ins (freeplay and resort credit) on the 2nd offer is standard operating procedure for MLife. They'll let you use two offers with 72 hrs in between, but not the throw ins from both. So that squares.

I think them extending you a comp night at the end of the first 3 nights is pretty iffy. What I would do to play it safe would be to play either just your exact normal amount in terms of theo those three nights, or try to figure out what you need to play off the comp and then shift any resulting excess bankroll to the middle 3 days to try to get some of them comped back end.

11. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HI Chuck,

NO worries on me fishing for comps on those paid nights. (E.G. going over budget just to get them). I love my comps, but never, never chase them. If I get comps, I of course love them, but I only will play what I am comfortable losing---I never include comps in budgeting, outside the original promo. I was just worried IF I get an extra comp (longshot) I take it, I then find out I ripped my britches on my second comp, which is the more expensive one!

P.S. You guys really do have great insights, and I've enjoyed reading this site for a while---keep up the great work, and thank you!

12. llebz0rs

llebz0rs Tourist

I just recently did this 11/5 - 11/16. I did 11/5 - 11/8 ven / pal , 11/8 - 11/13 , rio , 11/13 - 11/16 ven / pal. comped at all of them, notice the rio was 5 days, CET is the easiest for room comps. for ven / pal i had to have 5 days in between and mgm prop was 3 days. since i didnt want to move 1 more time i used my cet instead of mlife. mlife does have the better hotels / rooms, but they are so stingy on comps. I really dislike mlife, they seem to really like high rollers only. I am in no way a High Roller, but i called once and asked my host at aria if they can take care of a couple hundred in food and they said no, i didnt have enough theo. i asked my rating and they said in a 3 day trip 14 hours at 285 a hand. host said best he could do was my 3 comp nights. i went to ven / pal for 2 hours playing same action at pal and got great offers of 3 nights 4 days , 700 free bet and other offer of cruises, gift cards etc of about 300 bucks face value. oh btw i play mainly baccarat , some pai gow tiles and little bit of pai gow poker.

13. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HI there!

I am really, REALLY impressed you got comped at Venetian/PAL. (I gave up on them a long time ago, as I thought THEY only looked at mega high rollers, lIke you with mlife.)

I also am NOT a higher roller, yet get great comps on Mlife--free rooms (including, at times, multi-night free suite offers, even on weekends), combined with generous resort credits and generous free play (and this includes at Aria). And again, not a high roller.

Conversely, Ven/Pal hasn't given me more than 25% off...that's barely a web discount!

The more I read up on various comps at various hotels, it definitely seems to pay finding a hotel that is most generous to your game of choice---slots vs. tables, and, the bottom line, which hotel rewards YOU the most...it definitely is different person to person.

I play slots, and the modest slots at that (usually 50 cents a spin but occasionally going "crazy" at $1.50/2.00 a spin, but that's rare). BUT I play a long time and focus on "coin in, coin out" versus high bets. I am not a high roller, but I am absolutely an Mlife fan as they are consistently generous to me.

Monte Carlo is my top favorite, and my home base. MC is not as new, but so, so generous and rewarding of loyalty, even often comping extra on top of the initial promos. Aria is my second base, and I have been really surprised with how generous Aria has been to me as well, despite my being a small fish in a big pond. (I'd play a chunk at both and see what comes in offer-wise for your next trip, as both properties really seemed geared to win return/loyal guests). I don't even bother with other hotels as Monte Carlo and Aria have been so good to me, I focus my play at those two hotels only.

But, back to the tables vs. slots breakdown. I get great comps at Aria, but squat at Ven/Pal, and I play slots. You play tables, and got squat at Aria, but great comps at Ven/Pal.

Vegas comps are all about algorithms and stats, I am wondering if Ven/Pal perhaps favors table players? It flat might be slots vs. tables. In my experience, Mlife (at least Monte Carlo and Aria) strive to reward slots players even if you bet moderately per spin, if you play long enough, consistently (4+ hours a day), but I don't know about tables.

Either way, KUDOS as Ven/Pal is gorgeous! I've found Ven/Pal to be brutal on comps for slots, but It sounds like they might be a little more friendly to table players, so kudos on finding your "home!"

14. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After reading all this now I'm a little confused. I'm heading home to the West Coast for Christmas but it's cheaper for me to travel through Vegas, so I'm making it a bookend to my travels. Here are my plans that I've booked:

Night of 22nd: Comp room at Luxor w/ $50 FP (leaving the 2nd night on the table because I just need a place to stay before I fly home the next morning). I will gamble on the 23rd though to keep my play high enough for the stop to not kill my offers there.
    Nights of 23rd-26th: Staying at home.
    Night of 27th-28th: Return to Vegas and stay at MGM. Had a buy one night for about $100 (resort fee included there), get one free for my Fall Offer with $50 FP and $75 RC.

Will I get those freebies on the second stay at MGM? That's the only way it seems to be worth it for me to pay for the MGM room.

15. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

I'm confused too. We're booked at Aria with FP and resort credit on 12/3-12/6 and at MB on 12/12 and 12/13 also with freebies. Both are comped. Is anyone implying that we won't get the freebies at MB?

16. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HI all, traditionally they will honor room comps with 72 hours in-between, but not resort credits at both. On freeplay, I HAVE had both hotels honor FP, but, at least in my experience, you can only cash in one resort credit per trip, even with two hotels. BUT you never know. I'd plan on being able to cash in on one hotel's RC (put the best one first), possibly double FP (but not guaranteed though), and then if you can cash in on both hotels, you're pleasantly surprised.

BUT, even if you can cash in on only one, you might still be able to win great comps on top of the promo. Always, always charge everything to your room as they will NOT comp charges made directly to a credit card, but they often WILL comp room charges if you play enough (not spend enough, just play enough) to catch their eye. Check in with the mlife counter on each stay, before checking out, and ask them to see if you've earned/won additional comps. This only works if a) you use your mlife card always when playing, b) you charge all charges to your room (the only way they can deduct them later), and c) you check with mlife BEFORE you check out and the final bill is tallied.

I actually found this out on a fluke. We missed check out once by 20 minutes, they ran an extra night, and we contacted VIP services to see if they could remove the extra night. Not only did they remove it, they took off a good chunk of extra charges when they looked at our account---including some big food charges and resort fees, that would NOT have been taken off had we not checked in prior to checkout.

Mlife says you can comp rooms with 72 hours in-between (4 days I hear with Mirage though), and that you can cash in only one hotel's freebie offer per trip, but it is always, ALWAYS up to the hotel--- they can do more if your play backs it. The only thing I've seen that they can never comp are tips.

So, by the "rules," you might not get the freebies at MB, but they might choose to honor them. If they don't let you cash in on freebies since Aria already gave you some, the Mlife counter might take off charges that sometimes can add up to more than the original freebies! Good luck, and most of all, have GREAT trip!

17. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

Thanks for that explanation. Is there a certain number of days between stays that guarantees that we will get the freebies on the second booking? It will be seven days between our stays at Aria and MB and the agent didn't say that we wouldn't get them when we called to book MB.

18. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I honestly don't know on time in between. I went out for 10 days last trip, double comped rooms, double freebies and I just paid for 3 nights in between comped nights. I was able to cash in on freeplay at both, but only use one resort credit. I hope you post your results after the trip, I'd love to hear how they handled it! Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.