1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How cheap can they get?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by PPtraderal, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PPtraderal

PPtraderal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So my wife and I stayed over at Caesar's Atlantic city. Nice comp room etc. In the morning we went to breakfast at Cafe Roma, as their buffet is not open for breakfast. They offer a basic breakfast bar for $ 17.50 per person. It has scrambled eggs, fruit, donuts, and other goodies. They also have an omelet station. Had two nicely prepared omelets. Now we get the bill and first line item charge is
    eggs, $ 5.00. Yeppers, an extra charge for the omelet. It's not bad enough that they charge $ 2.00 for crown and coke with a premium card now there's a an egg charge. I hope I didn't use too much toilet paper in our room. I think I'm voting with my feet. By the by there is no sign informing you of the extra charge. It's not the 5.00 charge, it's the constant nickel and diming of customer that pisses me off.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  2. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go to Harrah's. No extra charge for Crown.

3. marcianofan

marcianofan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you ask for egg whites or egg beaters?? Other than that I have no idea and would be a little pissed off also. Like you said it's not the five bucks but the point....

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Egg prices have shot up. The local cafe we go to for an occasional breakfast has imposed a temporary $1 surcharge on their 3 egg omelet.

5. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While they should have made it clear there would be an extra charge, this is a big problem on a much larger scale. Bird flu has caused a marked decline in egg production. Supply and demand!

6. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From Harrahs we usually walk over to Golden Nugget where we get 2 for 1 breakfast buffets. With tax and tip comes out to about 20 bucks for both of us.
    From Caesars,I'd take a mornng stroll down the boardwalk, I remember seeing a few half decent places with breakfast deals.

7. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Take it out of the omelet maker's tip!:grrr:

8. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out Maria's Luncheonette on Atlantic Ave for breakfast, a short walk from Caesars.

9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $17.50 for a breakfast bar? Sorry, too rich for my tastes. I go to the Fremont buffet or MSS buffet. They both have omelet stations. Fremont I think costs around $7 bucks for breakfast. MSS maybe a half to a dollar more.

For me I would just go to mcD's and pay $5 to $7 for breakfast before I went somewhere and paid $17.50 for breakfast.

10. CJ's

CJ's Plumbing the depths of debauchery

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol
    I'm guessing The Wicked Spoons out then @ $30+

11. NYNJMINC

NYNJMINC Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it would be a long walk from Atlantic City to the Fremont for breakfast.

12. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That must be a new charge for the omelet, because as far as I know it wasn't there when we visited Caesars AC over the summer. Of course, I never pay for my meals at Caesars, so maybe I just didn't notice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.