1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NFR - Shuttle or Drive to Thomas Mack

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by DeadManHand, Nov 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Count de Monet

Count de Monet High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to a couple NFR competitions for the first time next month and am looking for recommendations, insights, etc. regarding taking the hotel shuttles or driving and parking. We are staying at TI and will have a rental car so either option is readily available. Which option would be less hassle?

2. marcianofan

marcianofan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never been to the nfr but have been to a few unlv men's basketball games, they weren't sold out but were close. That said , the parking is like at any other game in likely any other big city. It takes a little while to get out of the parking lot ( and if I was you I'd park in the lot instead of the garage, I've found this easier) but it's not that long a wait. Id rather drive instead of a shuttle, but theres also a cab line for another option....

3. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have attended the NFR several times. It's an early-arriving crowd, so the lot fills fast and you might have a hike. On the flip side, people tend to hang around afterwards and visit the stuff outside, so getting out of the lot is not all that bad. I would probably ride the shuttle if I planned to go straight back to the hotel. If not, I would drive.

4. kboltwkreations

kboltwkreations Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Take the shuttle. It will be quicker than having to fight the parking. Traffic getting out of there after a performance is a nightmare any way you slice it.
    Shuttles usually drop you off to the right side of the main entrance with all the limos/cars.
    We usually leave hotel for performances around 5pm, to make sure we dont have to fight the crowds.. And we leave before the bull riding to grab a cab.

5. Count de Monet

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What kind of stuff do they have going on outside?

6. kboltwkreations

kboltwkreations Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have the Jack Daniels tent, where there is a big bar and a mechanical bull. there is a big wheel in the corner there you can spin for small prizes.
    There is the preifert arena where they will have some sort of horse demo happening, usually the australian guy that can make his horses lay down.
    the preifert draft horses are usually on display.
    justin sports med trailer, copenhagen tent or trailer, roping dummys, new trucks to look at, a stage with random country performers, usually every main sponsor will have a tent set up giving away something free, some contestant meet and greets, interviews, a place to get your pic taken on a "bull", etc. this is all out in the FAN ZONE.
    Up closer to the arena they will have trailers selling NFR gear, a few food places, usually the rifle and pistol set up, and a few other vendors.

and then there is the "cowboy corral" in the cox pavillon. It is live music before and after the rodeo.

7. Count de Monet

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies and insights. I think we will drive since we will need to get there early and most likely stay late too, my daughter is a barrel racer and will love the fan zone. Sounds like a good time, really looking forward to the event.

8. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're not from rodeo country, so we always look forward to mixing with rodeo fans. Nice people. It's fun to play poker rodeo week, as well. Have a great time. I know you will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.