1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hexx Kitchen and Mon Ami Gabi Paris

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Candydave, Nov 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just got back from a trip to Vegas, and had 5 nice days at Paris and decided to try Hexx Kitchen and Mon Ami Gabi.

Both places were good, but we actually preferred the food at Hexx. At Hexx we started off with an appetizer that was supposed to be hummus, but was actually just garbanzo beans on a crisp pita. It was tasty, but a little difficult to eat since the beans kept falling off the pita. For our second course we got a salad with a delicious balsamic dressing and cocoa nibs. It would not be enough for a meal for sure, which makes the $13.00 price a little high. We ended up getting two different sandwiches (Prime rib and Turkey Club). Both came with fries, which were fantastic. The Prime Rib was tasty, but would have been better if it was on a baguette bread. The Turkey Club was outstanding. Of course we had to split a dessert, and got the Turtle sundae. Yummy! It would have been better with less whipped cream, more pecans and chocolate sauce. I ended up shooting off an e mail to the restaurant to suggest they offer 2 different sizes of sundaes because most people aren't going to spend $15.00 for a sundae. Granted it was enough for two, but a smaller size might get them more interest. All in all, good food with a good atmosphere. A little pricey (our meal $70.00 without drinks for lunch), but hey, it's the strip.

I had wanted to try Mon Ami Gabi for years, and finally went. The atmosphere was fabulous. We got a Prime Rib sandwich that was outstanding and a Lobster roll which we really didn't like (too much mayo). I guess the thing I didn't like about Mon Ami were the frits. They just tasted like shoestring potatoes. The fries were much better at Hexx. Anyways, below are some pictures. The first ones are from Hexx and the last two from Mon Ami. IMG_1292.jpg IMG_1293.jpg IMG_1295.jpg IMG_1276.jpg IMG_1275.jpg

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always devour the fries/frites at Mon Ami. Nothing fancy, but good.

We eat there at least once on every trip, often twice.

3. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For breakfast I prefer Mon Ami Gabi. Love their coffee
    Do not like the potatoes at Hexx.

4. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We try to hit MAG once a trip for breakfast. Breakfast on the patio on a nice day is fantastic.

5. sampson

sampson Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugh both look fantastic!!!!

6. njude1971

njude1971 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate at Hexx in September in Vegas and really enjoyed it. I had pizza (mushroom) and my husband had chicken and waffles. Really good!! Also had some coffee ice cream that was excellent

7. WhskeyTangoFoxtrot

WhskeyTangoFoxtrot MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had lunch at Mon Ami Gabi in September....the scallops melted in my mouth. Best I've ever had.

8. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess it's just a preference with the fries. Both were good, we just preferred the ones at Hexx. Both places food was very good, I would definitely give the Prime Rib Sandwich to MAG, but all else would be Hexx.

9. jbpiv01

jbpiv01 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mmm ...coffee at Mon Ami...Best in Vegas...possibly whole country...mmmm

10. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm drooling just looking at those pics...especially MAG roast beef and HEXX turtle sundae! Mmmmm!

11. Gamesman

Gamesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got kicked out of Mon Ami and ate at Hexx the same morning. I agree that Hexx is better. I'm definitely going again next trip for unlimited Mimosas on Sunday.

12. cmani

cmani Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been meaning to try Hexx since it opened, sounds like it'll be worth it.

Went to Mon Ami Gabi back in '04 on my first Vegas trip, and I make it a point to go back every trip now. One of the best values on the strip IMO.

13. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, you are going to have to elaborate on that. Why'd you get kicked out of MAG?

14. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hit MAG at least once, sometimes twice, a trip. With these reviews I'll have to try HEXX as well.

15. Gamesman

Gamesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's covered in last month's TR. It's something like we were loud and didn't fit in with that crowd. We went to Hexx for brunch and were treated much better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.