1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

getting in on New Years Eve

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by freez111, Nov 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freez111

freez111 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am getting in on new years eve after the strip is closed, flight arrival 8:10 pm. I know it will be mayhem at certain points but my question is this...

i will have a rental and be heading to my hotel...Harrahs at about 9pm. What trouble will i have getting up Paradise, down Flamingo to the back entrance (Linq lane) to check in and self park.

also will self park be loaded with strip go'ers (locals?) and i have trouble even getting a spot?

Or should i forgo the rental until the next day, and take a cab to Harrahs back entrance? what trouble will they have?

I guess my questions revolve around this question...how far up the side streets (Flamingo, Harmon, etc) do they block from vehicle traffic??

any help or guidance is appreciated.

freez

2. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you should check with Harrahs on the parking situation. Yes, many of the lots will be filled with revelers so best to check to make sure that you will find parking.

To get to Harrahs, you can also take Koval lane, you don't need to take Paradise. You can take Linq lane if you want to pass by the Linq but you can also go further on Koval and turn before the sands expo (look for the monorail up above since it goes down that road to get to Harrahs/venetian). Koval is accessible from Tropicana ave (or Harmon or Flamingo). I usually use Koval (over paradise road) to get into that area by Flamingo.

The back entrances should be open but las vegas blvd will be blocked off early so no vehicular access that way. But always best to check with the hotel on their parking policy for NYE and whether it would be better to take a cab or shuttle.

3. Canadianeh

Canadianeh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were there last year on New Years, but arrived a couple days earlier. All I can warn you about, is that when the strip closes, every side and cross street within blocks become gridlock. After the fireworks ended, friends of ours had to catch a cab to go to their hotel off the strip, and waited more than 2 hours just to get a cab, then the cabbies were being particular about how long a ride they would accept - one of them actually demanding $80 up front or he wouldn't take them. The ride they were looking for cost ~$20 the day before. It's a real gong show that night. And with the number of people actually ON the strip that night, I'm guessing parkades will be packed. If it were me, I'd get a cab from the airport when you arrive...even if the cabby can't get right to your hotel, you could always jump out and drag your suitcases the last block...

4. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would be shocked if you can get a parking space. It will be all kinds of gridlock. I would look at taking a cab to MGM then monorail to Harrahs.. The back way to MGM should be less crowded. That area by Harrahs, Linq, Flamingo will be a zoo.

5. Dentastic

Dentastic Stripburger!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If at all possible I would suggest trying to move up your arrival time to earlier in the day or even to the 30th.

6. freez111

freez111 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ended up shifting whole trip one day later...only reason i was going on NYE was the better deal on airline points use. i will now get in on NY day! and enjoy 4 days and nights without the NYE rush and craziness. i will save that for a later trip. thanks for your input!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.