1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

To the LHR-flyers: Smoking after terminal change T5->T3

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by schmalen1, Oct 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schmalen1

schmalen1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone!

On my upcoming flight to Vegas I had to change the terminals at Heathrow from T5 to T3.
    I'm know how to get out of the T5, but had never been at T3. Is there a way to get outside, passing the border and customs of course, after the bus arrival landside? On T5 you get to the crossing border/connecting flights, but I don't know if it will be the same at T3.

Thanks a lot! :nworthy:

2. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not too sure what you mean. Are you flying in to T5 and have to get to T3 or are you wanting to smoke after you've gone through departures? I am on the LHR flight on Tuesday so can ask any specific questions if you want me to.

3. schmalen1

schmalen1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly. My feeder flight from germany arrives at T5 and I have to get to T3 this time. I know how to get theire by using the connecting bus.
    I know how to get out of T5 for smoking, but I guess, they won't let me get back in again into T5 because my next flight is at T3.
    I also know, when I use the bus to get to T5, I will also be able to go outside.
    But I've got no idea, where the bus on T3 will bring me. Is it only security or will I be able to go to the border/customs to get out of the terminal?

Sorry, when sth. got lost in translation, but I did'nt found an answer on germans forums.

4. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perfect. I will do my best to get an answer for you when I'm there on Tuesday and post it here.

5. schmalen1

schmalen1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks a lot and have a good flight!

6. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They said you have a choice. Either stay airside where there is nowhere to smoke at all or take the shuttle outside and transfer that way. You can then smoke outside the terminal. There is nowhere at all once you come into the airport or after security. Hope that helps.

7. schmalen1

schmalen1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Think I'll try to make it from T5 to T3 by using the Heathrow Express.

Damn addiction! ;)

8. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as you're not pushed for time. Beware customs guy here, big guy with round face. Gave me a grilling, asked me most customs question separately. When I said I had chocolates (I'd asked last year and was told they are fine and the form was left with NO on it. This time he scribbled it out and ticked no and said did I not realise they were food. I said I'd asked before and was told it was fine. He asked WHO told you that. Funnily enough I had no idea. Talk about fifty questions and very formal. Not a pleasant experience. Then I put the passport on the desk and kept it open at the picture page. He asked what was the reason I wouldn't let go of my passport. I said I'd opened it at the right page for him to take. Then he said he couldn't let me in if I didn't let go of it. Wow! At least he didn't send me to secondary inspection. Phew. Then got in a cab and said Ballys via Paradise please and please no tunnel. He never said a word all the way. Usually I check the price coming into Ballys, add some and have money ready. It said $19 as we turned it so I got $23 out. We stopped and suddenly the meter said $22+ as I handed the $23. No idea if that is a new extra charge for something but he still kept quiet and said nothing, leaving it too late for me to fumble and get more out cos I hadnt a clue what was going on. He got out, I got out, we went to the back of the car, he opened the boot and got back in the can, leaving me to get the cases out. Wow, just wow, if I hadn't been to Vegas before I have no idea what I would be thinking now!

Good luck with your arrival. All good and fabulous since then though.

Corinne

9. schmalen1

schmalen1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got 2.5 hrs at LHR and will be able to use Fast Track.

What a horrible arrival you had. Never had an issue at immigration. Last time I was asked about my profession and the reason for my stay. Done in a minute, eventhough the picture doesn't look like me anymore (lost more than 160lbs since then). Normally I made to the baggage claim prior to my suitcase... flying in First makes this easy! ;)
    Never took a cab from the airport. Always took the bus to rental center or had a limo to pick me up.

Have a nice trip and big winnings!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.