1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Where would you play?

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by concretekid, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. concretekid

concretekid Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We usually stay downtown and had good action @ the nugget playing 1-2nl. This might be my lst trip for a couple years is there any reason to book half the trip on the strip and play some poker there? I usually play 1-2 and maybe 2-5 and maybe a $100 tourney.

2. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the only poker rooms downtown now are The Golden Nugget and Binion's. The Plaza has those electonic poker tables. None of the rooms are super busy.
    So if you want to walk back to your room after playing in a real, big time poker room, then yes, stay on The Strip for part of your stay.

3. scohitch

scohitch Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree and I think the action is better on the strip. People staying there typically have more money to spend.

4. danny8235

danny8235 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a low level limit player. Play mostly at Flamingo you could not have more fun anywhere with 2/4 or 3/6. Most of dealers have been there a long time and make it fun and control the table quite well. I also play 4/8 at Belagio but completely different game. Very serious little conversation even at 4/8 some pretty good sized stacks. Some try to intimidate so sometimes easy to trap them especially if 1/2 kill hand. Go to Flamingo for a good time

5. danny8235

danny8235 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Forgot. Flamingo has larger pot rake but good house promotions

6. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have some friends that love to play at the Orleans. They have a huge room that seems to be busy a lot. My friends moved to vegas a few years ago and go there to play often.

8. Rags

Rags Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want to play a longer tourney, it's hard to beat the value of the Aria $125 daily at 1pm. It does last often until 9pm or later depending on the turn out. 1/2 is pretty similar anywhere on the strip. I enjoy Planet Hollywood and Ballys for cash. Aria and Venetian are nice rooms with nice amenities as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.