1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Filming pawn stars at the D

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by ohmom, Oct 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ohmom

ohmom Low-Roller

Maybe that's not shocking news, out travel mates saw Rick and Chumley on the second floor of the D taking a break between shoots. Have no idea why or what they were filming

2. doggz109

doggz109 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just some more "reality" TV....lol.

3. Porkchop

Porkchop Low-Roller

Maybe they're starting a quest to track down the "antique" coin-droppers that used to be on the second floor.

Reality TV :vomit:

4. smooth899

smooth899 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The D must be a popular place to film. When I was there a few weeks ago they were filming the new season of "The Real World."

5. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Horny Mike from Counting Cars was drinking at Long Bar at the D a couple Saturdays ago.

6. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe more like "reality shows that no one gives a crap about"...

7. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pawn Stars and The Real world have been on TV a long time for no one to give a crap about them.:faint:

8. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Corey from pawn stars is at the D somewhat regularly, or so I've been told.

9. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No kidding, especially since it's been on the air for like 20+ years and was one of the very first reality TV shows.

10. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep in mind that they are on cable TV and that they are viewed by virtually no one...even if you just listed cable shows, they are killed by reruns of Seinfeld and Big Bang Theory that run on cable...

My point being that when compared to even the lowest rated network shows, they are both absolutely KILLED by the bad network shows that no one watches..very few people watch Pawn Stars or The Real World. If it weren't for cable TV that expects no one to watch, they both would have been long gone.

It's not reality when everything is scripted..even with Pawn Stars it's ridiculous how much of it is scripted..and exactly who writes the horrible storylines that go on in the building between someone bringing in an item..?

11. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pawn Stars drew 2 million last week and that's virtually no one? I'm not a fan, Rick is a tool, but it's click and stick TV.

12. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    George, you are incorrect on multiple fronts. Pawn Stars has been the #1 or 2 show on television for several years now. Monday night football beats Pawn Stars seasonally. I share your hatred for reality programming but let's not skew the facts.

Nick:beer:

13. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If no one was watching they wouldnt be at 400+ episodes, love the show would have stick around a few hours watching them taped it

14. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    of course it's scripted. i was there one afternoon when they were filming. there was a guy that had a older blue baby stroller.. he was talking to one of the employees about the item...fast forward a couple of months I'm watching the show and and the same guy walks into the store with the same stroller and goes up to Rick and they play out the story i heard.

you don't think Danny the count just happens to roll up on some random guys driveway to look at a car or Mike and Frank from AP actually "free style pick"... they have the places checked out before they even drive up.

15. benbrownjr

benbrownjr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My mother has a neighbor that used to live in Las Vegas and they were producing season 1 of the show and he was selling an item on craigs list and the production company called him and said they wanted to film him pawning the item and they would also pay him a $200 appearience fee

16. hedgehog

hedgehog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would just die if the Kardashians were scripted....they are so down to Earth and genuine.....:banana:

17. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just don't get the whole aversion to scripted vs. non-scripted "thing"... who gives a rip? It's either a program you find entertaining or it isn't... if it isn't... turn the channel or turn it off. If enough people do either, the show won't survive. It's really pretty simple. Apparently, after this many seasons Pawn Stars and other reality shows are appealing to people... why does that piss some people off so much? Personally, I'm glad they're popular and making some money! I saw them (Rick, Corey and Chum) at the Reno airport a couple years ago, catching the flight back to LV. It was very early Sunday morning and they were hungover as hell and people were all over them asking for autographs, selfies, etc. All 3 of them couldn't have been nicer to these people... very gracious. More power to 'em!

18. Calder

Calder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You mean cable ratings right?

19. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And honestly, despite the popular negative opinions, they are brilliant as well. I despise what they have become, but they have exploited every possible angle and they have to be credited with embracing the opportunities (that unfortunately we as a society have provided them with). Kris Jenner deserves a great deal of credit. The fact that they have become icons instead of the normal flash in the pan types is astounding. Sustaining this success (it pains me to call it success, but again due credit) is no easy task.

Nick:beer:

20. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Part of the beauty of cable television is that no one is forced to watch anything just because it's all that's available. There's something mediocre for every taste. I would not choose either "Seinfeld" or "Big Bang" over an empty screen, so my preferences are obviously a few standard deviations from the norm. Having visited the place, I know first-hand that the Old Man is not at his desk with a sour expression and Chumley is not out back hiding so he doesn't have to sweep up. Yet it is a real business making real deals with real customers, some of whom are nearly as curious as what they bring into the shop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.