1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mirage Owners Box/Leather Couch Seating

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by Veets, Oct 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veets

Veets Guest

Talked to my host about what i believe is called the owners box at Mirage. Does anyone know if that is the leather couch seating? How is drink service, any photos or experiences in them?

Good to be back with MGM after a long run with Caesars. Why the change?? Well, got a bot more degenerate at MGM this year!

19 November can get here quick enough!

-Veets

2. johnnyflash

johnnyflash Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having lived on the west coast most of my life, I've been to Vegas multiple times a year for as long as I can remember and I've never heard of this site. However, after recently moving east, my new coworkers swear this site is the degenerates' Bible lol. I don't know how I ever went to Vegas without doing a little recon.

Any who...

I'm headed back in November and the first thing I did was search the forum to see if any other degens would be out there. That's when I stumbled across your post Veets. My plan is to check out the renovated book at Mirage as well, haven't stepped in their book since the reno. I personally like the book at Bellagio, simply it's just higher class. I can't stand anything more than listening to someone cry over losing $10 on a game. I don't mean to come off as a ******, but judging by your profile picture, you're a man with class and great taste and probably feel the same way.

3. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been to Bellagio's book in about 3 years (IIRC), but the last time I went it had gone downhill big time. It was the last of the free drinks era and there were scavengers everywhere trying to score a free one.

I've gone to the Mirage for years. The new reno makes the Mirage one of the best places to watch a game, whereas before the reno it was pretty bad. Now almost all of the seating is reserved in the actual book itself. The large screen is the nicest I've seen in Vegas.

I'm still partial to Aria simply because that's my home base, but I spent an entire day in the Mirage book after leaving the Aria early in the morning this past Sept. So, that should acquit the Mirage book quite well.

4. thestugot

thestugot Low-Roller

How does Mirage compare to Lagasse's Stadium? I like the idea of reserving a booth in advance. I usually do at Lagasse's Stadium championship weekend.

Found this video - https://youtu.be/HMq3LXEsCDM

Looks nice.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  5. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Though I haven't done the Mirage's Owner's Box... I've done Lagasse's 4 times. Inside the stadium twice and outside of it twice.

The viewing at Lagasse's is great. The customer service and food are both crap there. The last time I was there the lines to place a bet were also awful. I have had an occasionally good waitress there, but it's really hit or miss. The last time I was there it was $50/game bar tab to sit in the stadium so the cost to me is pretty good for the viewing.

The Owner's Box at the Mirage looks great. Not as good as the stadium, but it looks great nonetheless.

Anyone know how to reserve the Owner's Box? Our trip in January has turned into a bachelor's party for the AFC/NFC Championship games/AVN awards weekend. I think that would be a good place to squat for the games.

6. thestugot

thestugot Low-Roller

I've done LS AFC\NFC weekend for 4 years now too. Last year was $150 per head. I have sat in the stadium twice and in the surround twice. The line at the book in there is insane for sure. The craps table in the back little room is hilarious. I was in there after halftime when the Pats were getting killed by the Broncos a couple years ago pissed about my pats loss. I was throwing the dice so hard they would bounce off the table into the wall and down into the garbage can on the floor. I made my $2k back before the game was over.

7. Veets

Veets Guest

So the owners box was easy to setup with host. If you dont have it comped still affordable per day. It is 150 per person with ten drink tickets to be used towards base level alcohol i.e. Absolute/bud lights

My thoughts some may say expensive but ten drinks, not fooling around getting down there hours early for a seat with a nasty hangover. In fact, cost is minimal if you average it out to per hour if you are a big sports gambler and watch games all day. Call the main line and they will put you in touch with reservation girls to reserve for you.

8. Mafioso

Mafioso Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whoa
    the drinks are supposed to be unlimited while you are there.
    What is this 10 drink ticket BS?

9. Mafioso

Mafioso Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. Veets

Veets Guest

Maybe it changes by weekend? They clearly told me ten--i would assume most people in there sitting place sizeable wagers so regular drink tickets on top you should be completely hammered! Lol, but thanks, i am going to send this over to Mirage!

11. Veets

Veets Guest

Just spoke to manager, they had to change to ten drinks due to an altercation with people abusing the all ypu can drink and destroying things after losing bets. Lol. He did honor the 125 price--big thanks for info!

12. Mafioso

Mafioso Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Completely not worth it.
    Sorry
    10 drink tickets for 125 + tax and gratuity is not worth it.
    It's a rip off and a joke
    75 bucks and 10 drink tickets would be a different story.
    I will No longer do it.

13. Veets

Veets Guest

75 or 125, the tickets are irrelevent, this strictly comes down to having good seating. If you are making large wagers i want to watch in comfort not trying to find a seat IMO

14. Mafioso

Mafioso Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bet 880 a game when in Vegas
    I get plenty of drink tickets
    the seating everywhere is good seating
    doesnt have to be the VIP BOXES
    the VIP BOXES are supposed to eliminate the drink ticket ordeal since you are paying a pretty large amount for the seating and drinks
    If you cant take advantage of the money you spend while you are supposed to be a VIP
    Why do it at all?

15. Veets

Veets Guest

That is very true, wish it was easier to get seating. That is strictly the reason i like the reserved seating. You are riht, not VIP if you have to. Uy more drinks or use additional tickets. Heard the seating is solid, looking forward to coming back to MGM from CP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.