1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

OK, I finally found out what's going on with Sixt at Las Vegas Airport

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by DaiLun, Oct 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sent my buddy over there on Sunday to find out what was going on.

Apparently, RedBull rented all of the cars that they had for between 4-6 weeks.

The Las Vegas site will be back online in late October.

They are still in business, but my buddy said it was kind of "eerie" seeing no cars there.

I still cancelled my November 3rd reservation for a free day with Enterprise. I will look at all of my reservations going forward.

2. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sounds like a total line of BS. If they were to be "back up" in a few weeks they would be taking reservations.

3. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked them through Hotwire & was about to call Hotwire to get a refund.
    Called Sixt directly. They had my reservation & said if it shows active, they are open (this is for next week).
    Not a huge deal, just got a car for 5 days for $99 total. Figured for 4 of us that was little more than cabbing from airport to DT & back. No real plans to drive it much more than that.

4. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep. I can't imagine an closing business to the pubic for 4-6 weeks to rent their entire inventory to one company. For sure you will here stories about "what's really happening", but it sounds like just denial and not wanting to disclose what is really going on.

They wouldn't have removed LV from their locations in their online reservations if that were the whole story. You can't make a reservation for late December because their cars are rented for 4-6 weeks currently? Yeah, right!

5. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, please don't shoot the messenger. I am a Platinum level member at Sixt and they are my preferred car rental agency in Las Vegas. I'm just reporting what I heard.

I will make a trip down there next week and stop in to see what I can find out directly.

6. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Should be interesting to see if they actually tell you the truth but many companies try to hide their "problems" and will give a song and dance to disguise the fact that there is something going on.

7. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sixt is a worldwide organization with presence in 50+ US car rental locations and 105+ countries worldwide.

Las Vegas was the ONLY site that they took down . . . . not trying to defend them, but this is just too strange.

Here's the answer I got when I told them that I had to make backup reservations for the 7 trips I'm taking to Las Vegas between now and March.

"We apologize for the inconvenience. Soon we'll have a resolution but for not nothing can be booked until further notice. If you have further questions please feel free to contact us again."

At this point, I'm just letting it lie until next Tuesday when I'm down there . . .

8. win4me

win4me VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See SIXT thread on FlyerTalk forum

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sixt/1716008-sixt-las-vegas.html

No concrete info, but some details from recent LAS renters, a few rumors & a response from SIXT Customer Service rep "Emily"

"All reserved bookings @ Las Vegas will be serviced but @ this time we will not be taking any new reservations for this branch as well as San Francisco. If you have any questions, you know where I am."
    Best regards,
    Emily

9. TheCooler

TheCooler Professional Gambler and the Best Football Handica

I've always wondered, does the rental car shuttle stop there? How do people get to and from the airport?

10. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like all other off site car rental agencies, you take the shuttle to the car rental terminal, then walk across to the taxi stands and call your car rental vendor, who will send a shuttle to pick you up.

11. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to keep a close watch here--we fly out next Thursday. Would rather NOT make a trip to the car rental place only to find we need to go back & grab a cab...

12. schmalen1

schmalen1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got a mail from SIXT today:

If you have a pre existing reservation, your reservation will be honored and vehicle will be provided upon pick up.
    Should you have any further questions please feel free to e-mail or contact us at +1-888-749-8227 anytime.
    Thank you for choosing Sixt.

Nothing about what is happening, or if they can gurantee me my category.

13. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I heard their insurance on the cars will lapse at midnight on Saturday. Likely not open next week. Franchisee is going under. Corporate may take it over.

14. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And the saga continues...
    A few days ago I called corporate & they said, yes, your reservation is active, you will have a car.
    After reading here & on trip advisor varying stories, & noting that Vegas does NOT show up on their website, I call the Vegas office direct with no answer.
    So I call hotwire & they call Sixt (not sure if they got through to Vegas or corporate) & the story NOW is that they are undergoing renovations & no we will not be able to get a car next week, so Hotwire refunded our rate.
    SO if you have a Sixt reservation in Vegas, I would get a reservation with another rental company!
    Going to book Presidential limo for the 4 of us...taxi fare finder says $45 each way to the Nugget...a limo is $58. Lets ride in style !! (hey, its $6.50 more per couple)

15. tvon

tvon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this.

16. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to be a snot here, but the idea of taking TWO shuttles to get to a rental car is a major turn-off! Unless they're practically GIVING the cars away, I can't see the purpose.

17. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Their lot is literally right across the street from the rental facility and there is a convenience store/gas station on the property.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.