1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question about Total Rewards Resort Fees - Platinum upgraded to Diamond

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Bring Up The Lid, Oct 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bring Up The Lid

Bring Up The Lid Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quick question -

If I booked some reservations while Platinum and have since achieved Diamond, do the resort fees automatically come off or do I need to point this out at the front desk?

I'm talking about quite a few reservations so I'd rather not have to go back in and rebook.

Thanks!

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, you should make sure that you have a current Diamond card and MAKE SURE that it's taken care of at checkout.

Don't assume anything!

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I highly doubt it will automatically be adjusted. You probably also need to point it out anyway probably at check-IN because when the resort fees are waived, things like Internet and fitness center are a la carte. They are NOT free for diamond members. This goes to show you why the "resort fee" is such a bullshit moneygrab.

4. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did call when I did this & they changed it. I had not changed it at some reservations at our local Harrahs, but when we checked in, they said we know you are Diamond, it adjusted on the reservation.
    But a call is always wise.

5. troe

troe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a platinum member and at check-in at the Cromwell last week, I was told I would not have to pay the resort fees. At check out, of course resort fees were on the bill. I mentioned the clerk's statement at check in. They gave me the "he's new, he doesn't know what he was talking about." I still complained that I shouldn't be told one thing at check in and another thing at check out. Finally, they gave in and comped 1 night resort fee, but I still had to pay $32.48 per night for the 2 additional nights.

This was in addition to having a $100 dining credit offer and after intentionally eating at Caesars owned restaurants the entire trip, the credit did not apply to any of the restaurants we ate at. It was only good at Guy Fieri's, Hexx, Rao's and Maritanos.

I hate being given an offer and then having to fight to get it in the end because they are not up front about what the offer entails.

6. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I became Diamond in New Orleans last month and my reservation had the resort fee ($15 a day) when I booked and no charges at checkout.

Since it's CET there is a good chance that what happens in NO won't happen in Vegas but maybe you'll get lucky!

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have quite a few reservations, you are going to have to go through the same rigamarole every time you check in/out on one.

If the reservations weren't made under offer codes that have expired, and you check the availability calendars and can still get the same comps/rates, I'd cancel them and rebook. If you do that, allow an hour or so for the cancellations to flow through before rebooking.

8. bcc

bcc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This offer, which listed the restaurants, came in e-mail. It can be easy to miss. I am sorry that happened to you.

- bcc

9. troe

troe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks BCC. I wondered if there would be exclusions when I booked the offer through the TR mobile app. I have a "marketing executive" with Caesars, but I hate leaving messages only to be called back two days later. When I arrived in LV, I was not told anything about the dining credit at check in. I went to the Total Rewards booth at the Cromwell and asked about the offer. They said it was tied to my room and as long as I charged the food bill to my room, $100 of the charges would be comped. Again, no one said a thing about restrictions on dining options. I found out about the limitation at check out.

I love Vegas, but I hate the bickering that is required to get what you're promised. Would it be any different if I switched to MLife or another club? Probably not.

10. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a 'training' issue. I had a similar problem at Mandalay Bay (MGM property). Of course, I now refuse to stay at any MGM property as it leaves such a foul feeling about your stay.
    I had a similar problem at CZR property, Rio to be exact. I checked in one afternoon and had a $50 food credit. I was told by the check-in boothling that my food credits had to be at a CZR owned food establishment. And after specifically asking for some place to get oysters, I was told there are no CZR restaurants that serve oysters in the afternoon. Only their sandwich shop was open. Then I thought for a moment and asked if the food credit was good at other CZR properties. "Yes, they can be used at any property and charged to your room." Then one call on the in-house phone to Harrah's to see if their oyster bar is considered a CZR restaurant and if it was open for lunch. And I had a wonderful lunch of 2 dozen oysters. Yum. But it took my having to use my noggin and ask questions. I shouldn't have to do that. The staff at the desk should already know the answers and should explain exactly what's needed to stay within the parameters of my offer.

I love Vegas, but I hate the bickering that is required to get what you're promised. Would it be any different if I switched to MLife or another club? Probably not.[/QUOTE]

11. Canadianeh

Canadianeh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This just happened to us recently at Caesars Palace. There is a thread about this that I started a while ago. I have become quite an expert on this - inadvertently. Identical thing happened to my wife, and she even phoned after she became Diamond, just to confirm. Told "that's great, it's looked after". We check in, and are told "you know you're responsible for the resort fees?". After unsuccessfully pleading our case, we were told to go to the host office, which we did. After receiving very rude service there, got the fees waived finally. One thing both registration and host said that we've learned now - "Do you remember the name of the person you spoke to on the phone?" Of course we didn't, but we learned. Call them now to get your status corrected on your reservation, AND write down the name and department of the person you speak to! We've since been told after we emailed, and gave accordingly poor reviews, that the service we got at Caesars was not 'typical', and that if you are Diamond at time of check in, you should NOT have to pay resort fees. IN fact, if you achieve Diamond during a stay, you DO NOT have to pay resort fees. But they made us go through all kinds of hoops to get them reversed. That was at Caesars. But the month prior, we were staying at Paris when my wife achieved Diamond, and they waived the fees when we checked out. Figure that out - had them waived a month earlier when she achieved Diamond, but Caesars wanted to charge her the fees with her Diamond card sitting on the counter at checkin. They've since offered my wife a world of upgrades next trip, to make it up to her. So all appears to be good now, but what a run around...

12. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did this once and just dealt with it upon checkin. No clue if I just got lucky, but it really didn't take that much extra effort. If it were me, I would just ask each time you checkin and not rebook everything. You will be using diamond checkin as well so I assume even a better chance of it going smoothly each time.

13. Canadianeh

Canadianeh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha...that was our issue too! Get a load of this...checked in at Caesars DIAMOND check-in, with my wife's DIAMOND card on the counter in her name, and the clerk says "you realize you'll be responsible for the resort fees"...hello? Sorted out after running around and arguing with different staff...amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.