1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

To use or not use RC's?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by queentata, Oct 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last few trips, our host has removed around $500 or so from our room bill, of course, taking RC's first. Should I use my RC's before having the host check our play? Or will he take less off our bill if we do...just wondering what your experience is.

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have this big debate going on with my friend, who gets everything comped on the backend, vs. myself, who likes to take everything on the front end.

I like to be SURE that everything will be comped, and use RCs first. My friend claims that I'm being a "cheap date" to CET by not using back end comps.

(Un)fortunately, I have about $2500 in RC, so it will be awhile before I knock them all down . . .

I guess it depends on your relationship with your host . . .

I'm interested to hear what other people say on this . . .

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't build RCs up at all and keep them through a Vegas check out. Instead, whatever I earned in Vegas that trip (or in AC before then), I cash them out in LV to the lowest possible amount well before check out and the host reviews the bill.

I am with your friend. Using RCs to pay for back end comps doesn't do me any favors. If a host believes I am not entitled to a certain amount of backend comps at least I know precisely where I stand. And if I played a lot and wind up being WAY undercomped -- it doesn't happen a lot but the couple of times it happened I am sure I could have gotten easily HUNDREDS more in comps on the back end/host on duty suggested as much -- having them include my RCs before the bill is cleared to me is just likely burning money/benefits that I earned.

Because I am Seven Stars the conversion rate for RCs to FSP is not bad (1:1.25) so I convert whatever I can the night before checkout to FSP, even if it is just 10 bucks. I run it through and at a minimum I've got a few extra bucks for cocktail tips but I've also had times when I lucked out and got a nice slot return, e.g. $100+ on literally just a $5 or $10 FSP bill.

Meant to add that I do believe a good relationship with your host may change the equation for some but my host is horrible and I am switching after this next trip that will be a lowish play trip as I will be using most of my BR at Wynncore. My CET host has done nothing but screw up reservations for three trips this year so this last time I did everything on my own, with no drama or issues. And the host on duty didn't take care of all charges but took care of some so I wasn't displeased. Maybe with a very good relationship with a host they don't touch RCs -- though I think that's rare at CET? -- or at least encourage you to spend them before he or she takes a look at your bill.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  4. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just wondering about this exact thing. I don't have a host and never thought of asking on my way out until joining this board. I think I will use all my earned points before and see.

5. Imperial_Palace_King

Imperial_Palace_King High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would use them up if I were you. I usually go to the gift shop and buy stuff. I've bought suitcases, watches etc.

6. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with your friend. If you aren't getting back end comps....you're being under comped. I realize you have a stash of RCs....are you sure you don't want to convert them to free play and then take advantage of back end comps. Talk to your host. He should be upfront with you in terms of your theo and what percentage he'll comp on the back end.

7. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I almost never use my RC's and when they take them at the end of my stay I'm ok with that. Our hosts always clears our bill anyways so I look at it as if I'm already getting everything I want or need for free anyhow. If he takes our $50 or so in RC's and ends up comping say $450 rather that $500 then to me it's no big deal.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.