1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Major construction traffic jam near airport Oct. 6 -- better now??

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by bcc, Oct 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcc

bcc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we drove from the Rio to the car rental return on October 6 (almost two weeks ago) via Flamingo to Paradise and through the tunnel, there was the most horrific traffic jam, starting from about the Hard Rock and ending some distance beyond the tunnel. Fortunately we allowed an extra 2 hours, because we needed it. Thousands of cars, buses, and taxis were stuck, crawling along slowly. Finally it narrowed to only one lane where the road construction was. Then it cleared up.

Can anyone update us on what is happening now with the road construction before, in, and beyond the airport and tunnel?

- bcc

2. smooth899

smooth899 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I drive from Rio/Gold Coast/Palms to the rental car return, I just get on I-15 South at Flamingo, go to I-215 East, then first exit is for the rental car return. You avoid the tunnel altogether and it never takes more than 10 minutes.

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would do this just in case. Easy Peasy.

4. bcc

bcc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I know there are a number of other ways we could have gone, but I wondered if others have experienced a traffic jam on this particular route recently.

I am sure the construction must still be going on; It looked pretty major. I hope the management of traffic has gotten better.

- bcc

5. Sethto80

Sethto80 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.