1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thank You Delta, Just Glad I'm Not on Allegiant

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by macker69, Oct 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasmacker

vegasmacker Canadian Ambassador for Sully's Bar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked a Delta flight out of GTF for our December trip. I am so glad to be flying an airline other than Allegiant. This is even more so after flying United last week for honeymoon to Cancun. Flight there was uneventful, but flight home had a delay, which I received a text 3 1/2 hours before to notify me. I then called United, they had me on an earlier flight with seating upgrades. With Allegiant they would shrug their shoulders and tell you to pound sand. So happy when I went to look at flights and saw Delta flights with perfect times IMO for $200. Factor in the no bullshit of paying for carryon and the ability to pick seats for free, this made me greatly relieved to have to not fly in the tin cans that are Allegiant MD-80's

2. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ain't capitalism grand.

3. jercheer22

jercheer22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Allegiant is the absolute worst. Every person needs to do what you did and fly with another airline, so those clowns finally lose money.

4. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey....where are the wedding photos macker?

5. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Steady there. Some of us don't have another non-stop Vegas option. A bad airline is better than no airline.

6. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have flown Allegiant many times with never an issue. Have had more United issues over the years than care to count...

Even factoring in luggage fees, I often find them vastly cheaper than anyone else

7. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You got married??? Congratulations! I knew it was upcoming, but obviously not when.

8. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even when I factor in all the fees, most of which I don't bother with, such as assigned seats, early boarding, etc, Allegiant is still the cheapest option for us and the ONLY non-stop flight. Out of the 10 or so flights we've flown to Vegas with them, only twice have we had a delay, and that was on the way home.

9. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Condolences... I mean congrats. :wink2:

And, yeah. SW has like 2 direct flights I think out of Austin, but they're twice the price of Allegiant. And, I've never had an issue with them so far. Only delayed twice. Once because of a sick passenger, and once because of weather. Had more issues with AA last time I took them. Was delayed about a hour because of an issue with a seat on the exit row. :rolleyes2:

10. CaliMike

CaliMike “My home away from home”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here, Allegiant only direct flight. Never had any problems (as I knock on wood).

11. vegasmacker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well then count you as lucky. I have seen them do some ridulous things and I hope they change due to the national media attention. I would say for me they have been delayed at least 50% of the time and my frustration is that of those delays 90% are mechanical. The most I have ever got from them and it was a 5 hour mechanical delay was a airline size glass of pop.

It's also annoying that their own pilots are pointing out safety issues and they spinning them as a leverage for bargaining. I'd like to think that they are being truthful and they have serious concerns. I truly believe Allegiant is gonna end up crashing one of the tin cans they call airplanes at some point, unless some drastic changes are made.

12. vegasmacker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a Vegas forum not a Mackers wedding forum hahaha.

13. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've flown Allegiant from Great Falls about 20 times. Been really lucky for about 17 of them. Others - 2 of them were about 5 hour delays, and the last was a mechanical issue where they had to put us up in a hotel since they have no other backup plans for these issues. They ended up flying in a Charter plane the next morning and sending us on that one. No compensation given, only the hotel stay and a $20 meal voucher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.