1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Damn SWA and EB

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Joe, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Purchased EB months ago for tomorrow's flight. Checked the boarding position today and it's A50 & A51. That tells me it will be a totally full flight of Wisconsin gambling degenerates heading to Vegas. :evillaugh

Almost every flight out of Milwaukee we hear the same thing..."the flight is completely booked. Take any seat you can find."

2. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe,
    Last year I went from Boston to Vegas and Milwaukee is a popular Hub for SW. I had a stop and no plane change, should a seen the look on EB folks when plane was already half full

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, I shouldn't bitch too much. There are 3 non-stops a day from Milwaukee to LAS, but I wonder what I would have got if I just checked in at the 24 hr mark and saved $25. Same going home. 3 non stops a day back to Milwaukee. Then, I always do EB so I don't have to worry about finding internet.

4. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    doubtful. there may be some EB folks lined up in B..

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since the business travelers and A List customers come before EB, getting an EB with a B number is not unusual. My town always has full flights also, so I am just used to it

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  6. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder what ALP with CP would get :D hehehhe

7. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also get on after the pre-boards and wheelchair people, a lot of whom manage someway or another to beat me to baggage claim. LOL

8. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont do EB, i just book a few months in advance and check in online 24 hours before...usually end up somewhere in late As to early Bs...sometimes it will be lates Bs but i want to be on the plane and get a close up window seat on the right so i can see the strip while landing

so I go to the counter before boarding, wait for them to open so im usually 1st in line and I get an upgrade...always end up with low A boarding for between $20-$40

9. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flew out of Dallas and not Milwaukee but got b6 out and b4 returning checking in on phone. It's a crap shoot without chips. Good luck Joe!

10. YoungGun

YoungGun VIP Whale

Probably not as big of an issue with flights to and from Las Vegas, but families get to board after A. I took a flight recently and I noticed a large number of passengers in wheelchairs and a lot of kids. I went ahead and paid for the early boarding since it was a long flight and I wanted to take no chances even though I had a fairly low B pass. My coworker who was traveling with me took his chances and ended up with a middle seat. We had similar boarding positions on the flight over and got our choice of window or aisle. So the number of families and pre boards can really make a difference.

11. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Coming home we got A20 & 21! Full flight.

12. TheCooler

TheCooler Professional Gambler and the Best Football Handica

I recently took my grandmother along with a couple other family members to Vegas. Now my granny gets around just fine, but those long walks at the airport are tiresome for her pair of robot knees. So we arranged a wheelchair for her at the airport. Apparently this entitled us to preboard. We were very first on the plane, first row. Needless to say, I might have to invite her on another trip in the future.

13. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Without early bird and forgetting to check in immediately, I checked in several hours late, still managed to get A-21 and A-22...funny thing is, they done the wheelchair people first which was about 7 people. Then A lines up, 2 people in the A 1-5 section, everyone for the A-6 through A-20 didn't line up or show or I don't know but I got 3rd row window seat...I sure was happy

14. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I flew SWA TO Milwaukee from DEN in late August, and it was FULL.
    Who the heck goes TO Milwaukee in August???? Ha

I am flying SWA out of DEN on Nov 1 to LV, for 4 nights.
    Since I have a bad knees, I always get pre-board and sit in the 1st couple of rows.

15. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had the same issue with my grandmother. She had bad hips and was in her 80s. It didn't seem really well monitored. At McCarren, the skycap showed us a wheelchair when we asked and we just pushed her around and got a preboard without anyone from SW documenting it.

16. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well actually Milwaukee has quite a lot going on in summer. Summerfest and different ethnic festivals every weekend. Street festivals and the weather in August is beautiful, granted a little humid.

17. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SWA needs competition in MKE doesn't even need to be cheaper if service is better.

TomTWI

18. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree but SW drove out the competition. I hardly would call Frontier competition. Last stats I saw SWA had somewhere around 60% of passenger traffic.

19. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to hear! Hope you had a GREAT Vegas visit! As we all know A1-A15 is Business Select only... if only 2 people purchase Business Select then positions 3-15 go empty. The regular A Listers and A List Preferred get next priority, then the Early Birds. All this happens no matter how fast your enter your confirmation 24 hours before. Sounds like maybe there weren't many A-Listers on your flight.

20. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was surprised because I was thinking the same thing, but when we lined up 1-15 seemed full.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.