1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Venetian Restaurant Choices

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by carlyzmom, Oct 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carlyzmom

carlyzmom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My friend and I are heading to Vegas in a few weeks for her first and my second trip. But, I'm the planner out of the two of us. We are staying at the Venetian. I have read about the restaurants there, but would love input on the best ones. I am interested in the celebrity chefs. I did eat at Emeril's in NOLA this summer and was underwhelmed.

2. SDSteve

SDSteve Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delmonicos is a fine steak house. Pricey, but worth it. A lot of people like grand lux... It is really just the Cheesecake Factory under a different name. Good food though, but nothing out of this world.

3. Eric1285

Eric1285 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The beignets at Grand Lux Cafe are pretty amazing.

We also ate at Yardbird during our last trip and thought it was good. Not as pricey as some of the other options, but still nice.

4. ACMike

ACMike High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many celebrity chef restaurants are good, but many are not. You're better off just picking the best reviewed places.

5. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delmonicos. Suck it up and spend the bucks. It will be well worth it. Or try Table 10, Emeril's more casual place over at Palazzo.

6. carlyzmom

carlyzmom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone! I will take a look at the suggestions. Being from the south, Yardbird is very intriguing to me! I will read up on Delmonicos as well.

7. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a dinner for two at CUT and it was fantastic- service was off the chart and food quality was excellent! Went back another time as a table of 12, and the experience was bad- horrible service and half the food was cold.

Also have dined at Table 10. They seem to have a seasonal tasting menu that is a great value and a great way to try several dishes. The service and food were both great.....but I preferred the ambiance of CUT- it seems to have a more younger sexy vibe than any of the other steakhouse counterparts-

One of my recent fave's at V/P was TAO, cool interior and all the dishes we tried were fantastic. Again, service was off the chart- must have stopped at our table 10 times, almost to the point of annoying, haha!

Tried Yardbird- it was just okay for me- roast chicken was dry, but the devil eggs were fantastic- would go back just to have those as a snack.

Lavo was another favorite we tried for breakfast- quick, good sized portions, yummy, and generous with the drinks! Ordered a single drink, but refilled them 3 times including a to-go cup! I will absolutely keep this place as a breakfast stop!

Hope this helps some!

8. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you go to Tao, the Miso-Glazed Chilean Sea Bass is my favorite. Even better than a lot of steaks that I've had.

9. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dunno... When we're in Vegas there are so many choices that we tend to steer away from stuff that I can get at home.

10. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the only 2 locations for Yardbird are Las Vegas and Miami,FL. http://www.runchickenrun.com/
    You might be thinking of Yard House.

11. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carnevino and CUT are two of my favorite steak joints in town - they both fall into the celeb chef category as well.

12. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CUT is very good, but steer away from the wagyu. It's tender but tasteless. Go for the rib-eye and don't look back. Yardbird has a decent menu, but I really don't like their seating options. Dal Toro is quite good, as is db Brasserie. Then there's always Bouchon. We like it for breakfast, but people rave about dinner there as well. You definitely aren't hurting for options at V/P.

OTOH, stay away from Buddy V's at all costs. Worst dining experience we've ever had in Vegas, and we've eaten at the Imperial Palace buffet!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  13. Russwin1

Russwin1 Tourist

As others have said the tasting menu at Table 10 is excellent for the price, and you get to try several of Emeril's hits with that. Delmonico's is excellent also.

14. deezn00

deezn00 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carnevino's riserva steak is out of this world. You need to reserve in advance though. If you want something casual, the bucatini amatriciana at Otto enoteca is very good. The desserts at cut are awesome. Bouchon for brunch (chicken and waffles)

15. 2wayparlay

2wayparlay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always go to Bouchon every trip to Vegas. Mostly for brunch but have been a couple times for dinner. I think they have the best fries!! However, I would tell you NOT to go to db Brasserie by
    Daniel Boulud. Extremely unimpressed with the food. My friend and I went there in August and we both felt the food was average coming from one of these famous celebrity chefs. Mon Ami Gabi has waaay better food than db.

16. NickyJ

NickyJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are six celebrity chefs at V/P and I've enjoyed meals at each of their restaurants. The 'best' may be based more on your personal preferences and price points. Of course, everyone can have an off night at even the best of restaurants, so don't let a bad experience or two rule out a particular place. Delmonico and Table 10 are favorites of mine, but since you were underwhelmed at NOLA, you may not like them as much as me. Bouchon and CUT would top my list as well. Look over the online menus and see what looks good to you. I also wouldn't rule out the non-celebrity chef V/P restaurants, I've had good meals at several of them too.

17. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to spend half my trip at the Palazzo every year, and CUT is probably my favourite steakhouse in Vegas.

I like Sushi Samba, too. It's a little different, but very enjoyable, and offers several different cuisines under one roof.

18. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being from the south myself, Yardbird was good, but I think Grandma's fried chicken is better -- especially since their's is $27! An order of fries was $6. My husband and I shared the chicken and fries and left with happy - not stuffed - tummies. If you just feel the need to check it out, it's definitely got a quirky vibe, but won't be on my "return" list.

We've eaten at CarneVino twice - once for dinner after we got married and once for a private dinner for a vendor while we were there for a conference. Both times the food was amazing. The whole "Southern" thing -- they serve bread with rendered pork fat and butter... Amazing. My mouth is watering (and my arteries clogging off) just thinking about that pork fat!

We eat at Grand Lux for breakfast at least once when we're in Vegas. The Banana Nut French Toast is delicious and the Chicken and Waffles is good too. They also have a buffet with cooked to order omelets if you want a variety.

19. carlyzmom

carlyzmom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I hate to discount Emeril's all together because of one underwhelming visit. We had eaten at Mr. B's Bistro the night before and it was leaps and bounds better. I still want to give ole Emeril a chance to redeem himself.

20. bwatson23

bwatson23 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delmonico and CUT are great choices, we also enjoyed Carnevino, OTTO and the Grand Lux Cafe. GLC had great fried chicken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.