1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Crazy Young Whipper - Snappers!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by mdee, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Notice how much these young kids today complain about everything to anyone within hearing distance? It’s like they have no filter and no work ethics or manners at all.

A boy at the Coffee Shop I go to always comes to work late and then complains how tired he is and how little money he’s making. He’s an Assistant Manager at the Coffee Shop
    and a Manager at a Circle K. His first jobs and he’s already a manager?

No one forced him to buy a brand new Mustang. I’m sure he’s making high interest rate payments and he should have known the Insurance Company wasn’t going to cut him a break.
    A young boy behind the Wheel of that much Muscle? You’d think he’d have some Parental Supervision in his life.

Then there’s the Girl yesterday at the Hair Salon who takes more time jabbering with her co-workers, ordering lunch, smacking her gum and dangerously waving the scissors around my head -
    while talking with her hands than it takes to cut my hair. And she gets both soap and water in my ears. I asked her for a towel and her response was yeah; Smack - Smack - Chomp - Chomp -
    my ears are sensitive too! I mean come-on isn’t that Hair Cutting 101? Don’t get water in the customers ears? These kids do not have a clue!

What I fear the most is these kids and/or their kids will be the ones taking care of us in our Golden Years. Restaurants, Hospitals, the Travel Industry or other Hospitality Services… It’s a scary thought!

2. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, the irony - complaining about other people complaining.

Bill

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol

My gripe du jour is the death of the RSVP. Mills and Xs and Ys are the biggest culprits in this regard, but it is not exclusive to the younger gens. Maybe those who don't entertain don't get the reason why you RSVP.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey you kids, get off my lawn!

5. Ernie Vegas

Ernie Vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You need to hang out in better establishments.

6. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol, that's exactly what I was thinking. I also saw Ken's post and thought Gen-Xers aren't the young whipper snappers anymore. Some of them are in their fifties now!

I Need Spa
  7. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's already happening. Your scary thought has become reality.

8. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1.

9. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We aren't the first ones to complain about the younger generation's ability to step up and accept the torch. Didn't this happen in the 1950's?

Just wait till they foot the bill for several no shows.

10. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey! These kids are the future of this country!! What a joke.
    I don't know. I try and put myself in the kids shoes and remember way back to when it was me. Sure I hope my 8 year old doesn't ware his pants at his knees, has no tattoos or at least thinks twice before painting up his body, keeps the rings in his nose to a minimum, takes a shower regularly and I hope he treats prople just like he wants to be treated. I would like to think due to me and the ball and chain we instilled good values, morals and believe in a higher being. That being said, the neighboring kids call me Mr Wilson from DtM. Lol. Not really but I do at over 50 catch myself going there from time to time. I also catch myself bellowing out "turn down that music" I can't believe I actually day that to him. I'm now my mom and dad. But, that is a good thing as it allows me to think of them from time to time and remember how to put their teachings to me into my own way and LESS conflicting, combative and confrontational way of teaching my little boy.

11. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It happens with every generation. Archeologists have even found ancient Roman writings where the writer was complaining the next generation would amount to nothing because it was coddled and spoiled.

Bill

12. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In 20 years, no one will actually speak to anyone else. They will thought text Good Morning to each other as they pass by.

All procreation will take place in labs.

All trips to Las Vegas will be virtual. You will assume the virtual life of one of the little people walking around in MLife world.

13. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I plan to be continuing to live the good life with my best bud/wife.

But have fun in VirtVegas. lol

14. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not me Breeze, I'll still have my flip phone. :evillaugh:evillaugh

15. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mom lives in a senior center and they rehabbed the tv room. put in a giant tv with a bunch of channels.

600 people iive there, zero can operate the remote. I had to print out a list of step by step instructions on how to do it and they still cant figure it out. Its only 3 steps.

Funny thing is, its the same remotes they have in their units but for some reason on the giant tv they cant figure it out.

So you see, its not just the young ones.

16. crapsguy5000

crapsguy5000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is exactly the same thing said from generation to generation. “How are those troubled teens going to run our country and take care of us”? Every older generation is arrogant enough to believe that they are the only ones responsible. Always seems that the young people find a way to grow up and everything works out O.K. I know I did. I used to get my Mom fuming because I would take apart the T.V, Vacuum Cleaner, Radios, to see how they worked and waste my time on that Commodore 64 writing If statements. Now I am a successful Electronics Tech for DoD.
    My generation was said that the only thing we cared about was heavy metal music, getting drunk, having sex, and always on those new things called computers. I say new because this was in the mid 1980's. Now all those troubled teens on them computers have marketed the internet, are software programmers for Apple, and have created more self made millionaires than any other generation.

O.K. rants over.

17. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  18. Ernie Vegas

Ernie Vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I blame the internet. The web allows all the crazies to find each other and if all you hear repeated back to you is the same goofy chit you yourself believe, it becomes your truth. Perception becomes reality. Next thing you know, you're up to your elbows in Truthers, Birthers, and Dice Setters. :poke:

19. TheCooler

TheCooler Professional Gambler and the Best Football Handica

20. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't belive how the cop just raped her like that!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.