1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

El Cortez Junior Suites vs. Super Suites

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by marksind, Oct 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm booking a trip for 12/6 - 12/10 and looking at El Cortez rates for their Cabana Suites. There's only a $2 difference per night between the Junior and Super Suites. I see that the Super Suites have a double sink, and a sofa instead of easy chair, but they also have only a queen bed vs. a king in the Junior Suite. Can't find room size info. Anyone able to compare the two? If so, is the Super Suite really better? I've only stayed at ElCo once and that was in the tower early last year. Thanks.

2. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have stayed in both. Super Suites have much more room than the Junior Suites, although neither one would be considered a "suite" in most places. Plenty of room for two people on the comfy queen bed. Bathrooms in both are roomy, with very nice shower (no tub.) Both are very comfortable - for $2 per night more I would definitely jump on the Super Suite. Building is completely non-smoking, always complimentary fresh fruit and candy in the lobby. Have a great trip!

3. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Mescalita. I've booked the Super Suite.

Seems it's getting harder to find a decent rate downtown, so the economy must be improving. We gamble more but get few offers for room comps these days, while a few years we were flooded with them. The Golden Nugget has pretty much just jacked up their rates by $20 via their resort fee. Unlike The D they didn't drop their normal rates when they instituted the higher fee. We like the Downtown Grand, but it appears to be on shaky ground. I hope I can convince my wife that ElCo is OK.

4. debitncredit

debitncredit Tourist

They're about the same, so I usually get the Jr. Suite because the bed is bigger.

5. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try giving the ELCO some play - we're definitely not high rollers but get some decent offers from them every quarter....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.