1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hugo's Cellar, Andiamo or Vic and Anthony's?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by stripes46, Oct 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stripes46

stripes46 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When visiting Vegas this November, I'm planning to take my wife to Hugo's, Andiamo or Vic and Anthony's. Which one has the better Filet Mignon and all around dinning pleasure? Are they all casual attire?

2. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have eaten at Hugos and Vic and Anthony's. I like both but I believe the best is V & A. They also have a special 3 course meal, which a Filet is one of the choices. You have to download the menu and take to the restaurant to get special price.
    http://www.goldennugget.com/LasVegas/eat_vicanthonys.asp

3. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Andiamo is out of this world good. I enjoyed it more than Gordon Ramsay Steak.

4. LOCALGAMBLER77

LOCALGAMBLER77 Local Las Vegan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very hard answer. These are three of my favorites. Andiamo is out of this world in every way: elegant, great food, superb service, neat atmosphere. Hugo's Cellar is OLD VEGAS but in the best way. The only minus is the low ceiling, but if you are taking your wife, I might choose this one--I would rate it the most romantic. Vic and Anthony's is (to me) super expensive for what it is, but it is a very elegant restaurant, but I would not choose this one.

- - - Updated - - -

All casual attire (I think shorts are discouraged though at all)

5. popcornoholic

popcornoholic Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best bang for your buck would be Hugo's Cellar. Everything is included with your meal, the tableside salad service is really cool and you get a complimentary dessert. We ordered martinis and basically got 3 servings out of the one drink. Andiamos is also very service oriented and food is great. They do a tableside Caesar salad which is cool. Don't over order like we did,lol! I liked Vic and Anthony's also but it is the one that I'm not in a hurry to return to.

6. stripes46

stripes46 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the feedback! I have printed the "distinctive dining deal" that V & A offers 3 course meal for $49.95. I'm still open for trying one of the other two!

7. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Andiamo is currently listed as #1 on TripAdvisor (a position which V&A held for quite a while). We've eaten at V&A twice - both times we had the same server - Ben. The steak is amazing and we loved the brussels sprouts. The service was top notch. Based on reviews that I've read, I think you're safe going with any of the 3 establishments you listed.

8. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    tix4tonight has a 25% off hugo's but only available on strip, not at downtown 4q's spot

9. catman

catman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I seem to be in the minority. I had no problem with Andiamo's service or atmosphere, but their food was average at best. Very bland.

10. Starz22

Starz22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Hugos. They are so attentive and friendly. Women get a rose when seated. The food was delicious. Not a la cart which is nice. Like another poster said...we had martinis which they keep chilled in an ice bucket at your table. I thought 14 dollars was a lot but I was able to refill my glass 3 times with my shaker. An all around wonderful experience.

11. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't had Hugos yet, but I've had V&A and Andiamo's. I've had Andiamo's 3 times to V&A's 1. For what that's worth. I really like Andiamo's. Good food, good service. And, a nice selection of food. But, I've gotten the surf&turf each time. I need to learn how to make that Zip sauce.
    I just wish I could get the Caesar salad, but I normally am solo. And, they have great cheese cake. But, I normally get it to go, and have it as a midnight snack.

12. jhaley83

jhaley83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of the three, I have only had Andiamo. The service and atmosphere was nice, but I am not inclined to return due to food poisoning from mussels in a pasta entree. The meatball appetizer was outstanding, however. Probably should have gone with steak instead.

13. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    None, Go to the golden steer for old Vegas charm and great steaks. Hugo's is a great place to dine as well, but I think overpriced just like Andiamo.

14. Jaci2014

Jaci2014 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same reasons we love Hugos

15. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did the Menu special at V&A's in July....

Service was good, drinks were good atmosphere good also.....

Whilst the steak was good it looked lonely on the plate all by itself, even with the sides I found the meal a bit bland and without any star power. I would be inclined to try something else the next and the other choices would be on top of my list!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.