1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Friday October 16th HL slot pool....

Discussion in 'Vegas Get Togethers' started by boogaloobboy, Sep 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boogaloobboy

boogaloobboy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just taking the temp if anyone is interested. Plan on hitting slots at Aria that night so anyone who wants to meet and get a pool together is welcome. All decisions about which slots are played and at what increment is up to the people who chip in. I will sign for any hand pays, hand pay money redistributed in proportion to contribution. Lesser wins will be played back through at the groups discretion. I have done these in the past and they are tons of fun, anyone want to live the dream and get paid post up!!:beer:

2. boogaloobboy

boogaloobboy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Closer to date now so I'll bump, anyone want to tag team some HL slots Thursday or Friday night Oct. 15/16th?

3. zlanga

zlanga High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm. what time you thinking about?

USBC Nationals
  4. boogaloobboy

boogaloobboy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any time after 8pm, I have "work" during the daytime. I'm open all night both nites.

5. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not there until the 27th, but I was thinking of trying to setup a similar idea. How do you handle the hand-pay situation and who gets to put their players card into the machines or do you just alternate cards based non the amount you are considering?

6. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be somewhat of a mess at that time but I'm definitely down as it's my last night there. PM me if this actually goes down :)

7. boogaloobboy

boogaloobboy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Varies by case but if your card is in the machine and you reap the benefits of the points then you have to be willing to sign for and deal with the W2. Usually there are some in the group not willing to do this and some that aren't so it has to be worked out on a case by case basis. If I was in a pool with a huge hit (10K or so) and my card wasn't in I would give 10% of my share over to the person signing the W2 but I wouldn't expect others to do so if my card was in the machine.

8. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why would you be giving a % to the W2 signer?
    I'm from Canada, so anything over $1200 gets wacked 30% and then it appears now that it's a long wait for the return.
    Just curious on what type of machine you look at playing.

9. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would think they would be doing it because whoever got the W2 might have to pay taxes on the full amount of the win, even though they didn't get the full amount.

As you are Canadian, if you were to participate in a group slot pull it would be best for you, and the group, if you let somebody else do your pull so that if you did win something that resulted in a hand pay that 30% wasn't taken out right away.

10. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    100% of the people that would be involved would be from Canada, and AFAIK the 30% is fully refunded due to not being a US citizen regardless of win/loss amts.

11. bart

bart Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm down if you got a group. Should be around there somewhere Friday night.

12. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the whole group is made up of Canadians then yeah, there really isn't anything you could do to avoid the 30% withholding tax if you have any big wins in doing a high limit group slot pull.

But the 30% withholding tax would still be a question for the group: lets say it was just you and I doing it, both Canadians, and we did a pull each for $20. On your pull you win $2000, on my pull I win $5000.

For you they are going to give you $1400 in cash and a take $600 in withholding tax.
    For me they will give me $3500 in cash and take $1500 in withholding tax.

The cash is easy to divide up: we pool our money and take $2450 each.

And then for the taxes we should both get $1050 each from the withholding taxes.
    The easy way to look at it might be that I just give you $450 now from my cash win and then we both just keep our returns - that would have us officially even. But for me I wouldn't give up the tax money until I actually got the return back from the government as a "just in case" if there is some kind of problem or issue and I don't get all the money back... and then that goes to how would you feel about that, about having to wait for the return and then seeing if I am honest about it and give you your correct amount of money?

13. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I join you guys then I'll be a minority for the first time in my own country Lol

14. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think splitting the cash makes sense, and the rest is a wait and see.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.