1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas checking room availability?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by h0und10, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there a quicker way to check room availability?
    seems kind of tedious to have to do one reward at a time and then return it to get a different hotel and check that availability.
    Especially when your not picky about where your staying

2. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually check kayak (third party sites) to find out if they have rooms available and what price, then I will check the hotel web site to see what prices they have to offer. Kayak is good because it will do a search of all hotels and show what they have available. Not guaranteed they are available (you find out when you try to book) but at least it gives you a general look on what is available.

4. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a myvegas question. Some people get confused with the OP. No way to check anymore. Must purchase then see if date is available. Those old calendars are way out of date, came out in April. Don't expect too much available for the rest of year unless it is late November or December. If not available you return for lp's. 5 cancels in 30 days does not apply to room cancels

5. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    room cancels DO count for 5 in 30. but I called and they returned it for me. I believe that is new with the new update. There are lots of dates for November and December still out there. unfortunately I cannot use any of those

6. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Monty Kerr has personally been in our group and confirmed the room rewards that are cancelled because of no availability DO NOT count against your 5 returns in 30 days.

7. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes this is correct. To clarify, purchasing the reward, checking the date, and then canceling/refunding does NOT count against your 5 returns in 30 days

8. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    well that is odd. because I was "stuck" with a room reward that I could not cancel. I assumed it was because I kept purchasing rewards, checking dates, and then canceling. Guess it was something else!

9. amanty

amanty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is correct but be sure to view the calendar displaying PROMO CODE = MYVEG2.
    I confirmed this will the MV rewards call center after incorrectly trying to book a room using the MYVEG1 dates.

MYVEG2.jpg

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  10. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's no good. That was the explanation from PlayStudios. Did you contact support about it?

11. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Today I booked a Mirage room for December, I like the new system much better than calling in, very easy.

I compared the Nov/Dec dates and this link matched them,

http://www.markslasvegas.com/myvegas-room-rewards-calendars/

(Same link from post #2.)

12. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried to get the room comps for both Red Rock and Green Valley Ranch and had to call both properties to see if they had availability. I had to give specific dates and then they would check availability. Clerks said that they didn't have calendars showing available days, that they had to imput exact days into computer and then they could check. I gave several dates in October, November, and December with no luck on either property, so I gave up. They sure don't make it easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.