1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Caesars CC Hold vs Cash Hold

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by sassiesandy, Oct 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sassiesandy

sassiesandy Tourist

Heading to Caesars the end of the month and was curious how much they "hold" on your cc for incidentals? Will they also accept a cash hold? How much? I have searched and found numerous answers and no one seems to agree !! Any help appreciated .

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    mine was 200$ on the cc for a comp room

3. sassiesandy

sassiesandy Tourist

Yes, we have a comped room also. Was that 200.00 a night or 200.00 for total stay? We are comped 5 nights.

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    200$ total for me but they could have had a million $ hold i coudnt care , all i saw was 200$ the first day after i didnt look and when i recived my billed it was zero balance , no charges at after when sent my bill to my email address

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would agree. I always walk up and give them a credit card. Never an issue.

For those folks using a debit card - all best are off. Those are often a hard hold, and if you balance is low, it can be an issue.

I guess there is a reason some folks do not have credit cards. I would work hard to get one. Life is so much easier.

6. bigalbr

bigalbr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't like the idea of a hotel holding for incidentals, but I guess I see Caesars reasoning. They make it very easy for you to charge things to your room and want a valid card at checkin with at least some balance available. I feel badly for people who are on a tight budget in general and are trying to take a decent vacation, but if a Caesars was honest they would tell you that they don't really want people who care about a $200 hold on their property.

7. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't plan on charging anything to your room (or have resort credits or even freeplay offers tied to room reservation, etc), many places will let you go without the room hold. Some CET properties (Ballys, Paris come to mind) will take cash for the hold. Watch for places (not any CET or MLife that I'm aware of) that will take cash, but will mail you a check. Call before you go about the hold.

8. sassiesandy

sassiesandy Tourist

Thank you for your responses. I do have a credit card and it has a high limit, not that I should feel like I have to tell people this !! I was just curious how much Caesars holds so I know how to plan ahead !!

9. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    its also a hold for damages so they can bill in case you damage there property

10. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3 of the most discussed topics on the forum are 1: long hauling by taxi cabs 2: Resort fees and 3: credit card hold on rooms. It seems like most of the people who ask this do not have a high limit on their credit card or debit card. So most people will assume that you don't.:thumbsup:

11. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IIRC correctly, Caesars Palace specifically doesn't do a cash hold. Other hotels further down the food chain may.

12. sabre

sabre Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't understand what you're planning for if you have a high limit on the card. Unless you plan to max it out on a huge bender.

13. sassiesandy

sassiesandy Tourist

I really don't understand the attack on myself and my credit !! I like to know where my money is going at all times and that is why I'm planning ahead !! Obviously it can't be that bad of a thought as I have 5 nights comped at Caesars and no I do not go on any benders. It was just a simple question people !!!

14. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Folks are just trying to help you out.

If you give them your card, there is nothing to plan. No money is going anywhere. It has no impact on anything. It is only an issue when someone has a very low limit (or available funds) on their credit card. Actually, in all my time here, I have never seen where anyone had a problem with their credit card/hold/limit. I am sure there are some folks with maxed out cards that run into issues.

So, in your case, there is nothing to plan.

15. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe because I've been on more boards, but I have seen people have problems because of credit card holds, especially if the hotel does a hold based on length of stay or if they don't immediately release the hold.

16. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. I was wondering what the OP was planning to do with their high limit CC that required pre-planning for a hold on it that they might do cash instead.

17. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The OP stated they have a high limit CC and won't be a problem. Which makes you scratch your head about the question being asked in the first place.

18. sassiesandy

sassiesandy Tourist

As I said before it was just a question !!!! I like to know, it's that simple. It's no ones business what I plan to do with my card so quit trying to analyze everything. Just a simple ( or so I thought) question.

19. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nobody's trying to pry. But most times, questions are asked for reasons -- and, as has been mentioned, usually it's because people are concerned about whether or not a hold will result in a significant-enough dent in their credit limits to cause concerns. So people here were asking for context in order to better understand what you were looking for and how to answer your question. If you're offended by that, and if it's nobody's business, then you're probably better off just calling the hotel directly instead of going to an internet message board.

20. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The limit on the credit card is not material. It's the amount of credit you have available that is the concern. If you are close to maxing out your credit card, you might not have enough credit available to absorb the hold and have enough for spending in Vegas. If you have a lot of credit available, then there are no worries about the hold. Not even a reason to think about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.