1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Am I just tired or too stupid to figure out how to get lower fare on SW?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by queentata, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't fly SW much, but we are this trip. I heard the fare dropped, and I got on the site to try to get the better fare...just can't freaking figure out how to do this. Can you help?:grrr:

2. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not all fares drop, it's not You

3. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just enter in your travel dates and first see if it did indeed drop. If it did look for the change reservation box and enter your confirmation # and re-book under the lower fare.

4. BTSyndrome

BTSyndrome Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any special prices in my market... says in the fine print; Travel to/from Florida or Nevada is valid only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
    Not really helpfull for my trips.
    Sales don't really exist for us. We only have 1 SW nonstop flight to Vegas a day!! Prices only get higher the closer to date of travel. ( Book Early)

5. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have approximately 15+ flights from Tampa daily(but only 1 nonstop), where you at. To and from on Tue and Wed, not necessarily adhered to. Went tues-fri last trip on special and Friday was cheaper than wed. Same this trip Mon-following Tues and cheaper than a wed. Just bring up the calendar and try different days and combos. Also, try to get a 737-800 (largest plane- 175 seats free tv and wifi) if you can. Click on flight and it will tell you the type of plane

6. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fares on SW drops all the time. The problem is that you need to read the fine print, usually those fare drops are only for certain routes so you have to luck out to have your route be one of those that dropped fares.

Best to just check the sw site regularly to see if prices drop. Even if they don't advertise a fare drop they do drop prices for some (slower to book) flights, esp the early morning flights.

7. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've flown to Vegas dozens of times, nearly always on SW, and nearly always on the same schedule. Our fares are always +/- $20 of one another. We've booked during specials, black Friday sales, "lowest fares of the season" times, etc. The rate from Columbus Ohio to Vegas just never really shifts much for our non-stop flights.

Other cities may see more fluctuation, but if yours aren't changing its probably because demand is constant regardless of price, so there's no reason for them to lower the price much.

8. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My impression is that the really big fare sales for Southwest tend to be on short hops, and usually in or out of one of their major hubs. The prices I've seen DTW-LAS seldom fluctuate much.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where did you "hear" that the flight cost dropped?

Doesn't really matter, because the rates you see right now are the only ones that count. In reality, the rates you saw online 5 minutes ago could have changed. They change OFTEN. There is only one way to check. Go the website and see what they CURRENTLY are.

10. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks ,guys. Btw, we fly out of Houston.

11. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not true at all....I got a 242 RT NS bwi-las in December

I'm a swa fan boy as I am ALP and CP

12. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, I wish you said that earlier.
    From Hobby to Vegas, forget about it! No chance the price comes down. Always goes up.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.