1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slight snafu for tomorrow's SWA flight

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by VPDana, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VPDana

VPDana High-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is just a minor inconvenience, but there was a problem when I tried to do the 24 hour check-in this morning. I was ready and waiting to push "enter" at 6:50 am, exactly 24 hours before flight time. It wouldn't take - said to check Conf. #, name, etc.; everything was correct. Finally I called SWA. By the time they answered, checked why I couldn't check-in (a "glitch" on their end) and fixed the problem, we got C-11 & 12. I'm not too happy with these boarding tickets. We aren't particular where we sit, but we do like to sit together. This may or may not happen with C 11 & 12. On the brighter side, we're going to LV and we both got TSA PRE.

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should have escalated to a manager until they gave you the early boarding.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I forgot one trip leaving Vegas to do EB :drunk: and we ended up in high Cs. We're not that fussy where we sit, but never again will I sit in the last row next to the bathrooms. :thumbsdown: Between the odors and people lining up with their butts in your face, it made for a very long 3+ hr flight.

Good luck in Vegas! :thumbsup: Hit a Royal at MSS.

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SWA is very customer friendly in my opinion. I would either have asked for the EB comped or I would buy it now and write them an email explaining he situation and they will likely refund. Our last international flight they damaged my suitcase. I wrote them an email and they sent me a $100 GC and reimbursed the EB fees for me and my three kids ( I had also mentioned a 3.5 hr flight delay) but didn't ask for the EB money back.

5. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    can't get EB returned if not paid for. Don't believe OP paid but was just trying to get highest # at 24 hour mark. EB is assigned 36 hours before flight based on a few things like price, when booked. 175 on their largest plane 60 each in A+B so you would be about 130's boarding. Might get 2 together since groups of 3 usually sit in one row. I wasted my money on last trip with EB. A - 25 and 26. Get to gate and only 47 people on flight. A nonstop at 8am Tampa to Vegas. On way back only a few people had middle seats and most of them were families wanting to sit together.

7. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can pay $40 per ticket at the gate and get elevated to A1-15.

I know that is not a popular answer, but is doable.

8. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope so. The last trip my wife got pre check on our Tulsa flight to LAS and I got it on our flight out of LAS to Tulsa. It saved her about 5 minutes but it saved me about 20-30 minutes She was not happy.

10. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And only one person needs to do it as southwest allows you to save a seat for a friend or family. So one pays to upgrade and holds the seat for the other. My wife and I do this on just about every flight we take on southwest, I can't remember the last time we didn't have either the first row or the exit row.

11. Markinmd

Markinmd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought you were not allowed to save a seat, I could be wrong.

12. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Per the southwest rep on the phone it is a ok

13. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not necessarily..... The flight attendants won't make an issue of seat saving but if someone asks for the seat you are saving and calls a flight attendant over they will make you give it up. I saw it happen on a flight last year. Some old curmudgeon complained about being tired of people saving the "good" seats and since it was near the front and within earshot of the flight attendant she intervened.

That is the only time I ever saw anyone take another person to task over it, but its one of those things that goes on but isn't officially "permitted". SWA of course wants you to pay for that privilege.

14. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    “Dear X,
    Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns.
    As you probably know, all flights on Southwest are “open-seating,” and Customers are free to take any available seat onboard the aircraft. In light of this, it is not uncommon for a Customer to want to reserve a seat (or seats) for a friend, family member, or associate who will be boarding behind them.
    Truthfully, we don’t have a policy either way–for or against–saving seats. In fact, we share our perspective on this issue on southwest.com as follows: “because Southwest Airlines maintains an open-seating policy, general-boarding Customers may sit in any open or unclaimed seat.” With this in mind, as long as there is no Safety concern, it would be acceptable for a Customer to “claim” a seat for his/her family member or traveling companion who may be in a later boarding group. We are aware that the saving of seats is a by-product of our policy, and as long as the boarding process is not delayed and other Customers aren’t inconvenienced, it usually isn’t a significant issue.
    Again, we appreciate your contacting us. We look forward to welcoming you onboard a Southwest flight soon.
    Sincerely,
    Marco, Southwest Airlines”

15. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure who Marco is, but a Southwest FA told me there's no saved seats on SW. Also remember the difference between frugal and cheap ass is frugal doesn't effect other people.

16. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    xxx

Obviously that language leaves quite a bit of wiggle room. It might be fine like I have seen it probably 90 times, or there might be an incident like the one I described. I just thought I would throw that out there because for me its not worth saving a few bucks to run into a jerk and then have a flight attendant get involved. As I often say when I am going to LV the SWA flight is one of the first gambles!

I guess the guy I saw get upset and throw the fit felt "inconvenienced". haha

17. pbqltbook

pbqltbook Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Based on my frequent Southwest flights over the years, saving seats in the exit row is considered to be bad form. Saving them elsewhere? Most people won't care.

18. stickc

stickc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    THIS,,,,Happened on my flight to Vegas,,Guy was saving a seat for his wife and another guy made the attendant check his boarding pass for the wife and he had to give up the saved seat in exit row.Almost a fight,,,

19. geoff

geoff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    seems like every time i take sw to vegas, half the plane shows up in a wheelchair and preboards (and 99% are miraculously cured mid flight and run off the plan in vegas)... if you want to be a sleezeball you could always try that angle..

20. AliceFayeNC

AliceFayeNC Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer the last row in the plane or the bulk head. I have a bad knee and it there is a little extra room for my knee I'll take it. Seeing as all you have to have your bag as you get off the plane in your hand as you rush to that slot machine that has been calling your name all fright, I might as well be the last off the flight.. I don't have to seat with my friends as we will be sharing a hotel room and needing a little lone time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.