1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

pete rose opens his first resturant sports bar on the strip

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by paperposter, Oct 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting...thanks for posting.

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully he can make some bucks off again selling his name. And just another example of him simply not getting what it is that is keeping him out of the hall.

4. marcianofan

marcianofan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Opening a restaurant (really just putting his name on it and supplying some memorabilia from his playing days) has absolutely nothing to do with him getting or not getting into the hall of fame.

5. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see his name on a sports bar and I think ... WOW. I can get a schlitz beer and maybe some buffalo prunes. Booking my tickets now.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If he will actually be working there, maybe we will no longer be subject to what I think is the saddest thing about Vegas. That would walking by one of those places with Pete Rose sitting at a table waiting to sign autographs. It really is depressing.

7. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He will be signing menus instead

8. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Vegas? Yes it does. Fair or not, Rose's behavior over the decades -- his signing dog/pony shows during the induction ceremonies, whoring himself for so many years in Vegas, no apparent "rehabilitation" or remorse -- is the reason he is on the outside and likely always will be.

Now if there's some cool stuff to see and there's a real menu, it would be worth a visit. But the location is going to be another one of those things gnawing at the keepers of the game.

9. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can debate whether he belongs in the hall or not (I don't care either way) but I don't get the hate for him "whoring himself". If people want to pay for an autograph they can, if they don't want to they don't. Why it bothers some people so much is odd.

10. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Baseball is an odd game. Sports are odd, really, when you think about it. Fans are kinda weird. I long stood on the "Free Pete Rose" podium even as his personal conduct appeared just, well, sleazy.

11. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will himself be the bartender?

12. marcianofan

marcianofan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. I worked 15 years for a national memorabilia company and met rose several times. Rose is actually an ok guy. He just kinda has an east coast attitude, not one to put up with b.s., let's get to work and get the job done, and works hard. Just like how he was as a player. Again, I don't want to argue, but this has absolutely nothing to do with hurting his chances for getting into the HOF. I'm just worried that more times than not when celebrities put their name on restaurants they don't make it, and Vegas on the strip is gonna be hard to say the least.

13. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few years ago I was walking through Mandalay Place and he was there in a bookstore (very visible right up near the front window) sitting at a table waiting to sign books and you could practically hear the crickets chirping. No one, and I mean no one, was interested. If he can't even sell his autograph, what makes whoever is fronting this new venture think that his name is going to draw anyone into that place? It seems like a very bad prospect to me.

14. zing

zing Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, having his name on it has already generated some buzz, including articles in the Sun, RJ, and even some national outlets like TMZ. Not to mention all of the vegas blogs and message boards. If the management company had opened it under a nondescript name they wouldn't have gotten nearly that much publicity.

15. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    he sells his autograph on stuff all the time in vegas , hes does really well

16. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the recent SI piece Rose made it sound like it ain't all financially rosy these days. Now what that means is relative. But being a pariah and shut out from the league for so long, his shill act not as powerful as it once was, he probably needs every income stream.

17. TheNewUnion

TheNewUnion Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Walked past yesterday, looks unfinished really. Sign is just a banner screwed to the wall. That being said it was fairly busy, but I suppose the location combined with the fact it was about a billion degrees yesterday probably meant people stopped in for a pint and an opportunity to get out of the sun.

18. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good for Pete.

Love the guy. Hard to imagine people on a Vegas forum looking down on someone who gambles but to each his own I guess.

Put Pete in perspective.

Hits- 4256

Singles- 3315

Derek Jeter, a great player by anyones standards has 3465 total hits.

Pete has as many singles as Jeter has total hits just about.

A rod has 3070 total hits.

19. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heck, I'll give the place a shot. I wouldn't be surprised if Rose passes through occasionally - now that he lives in Las Vegas. Maybe I'll even try the Poutine to see how an American interprets the dish.

Bill

20. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you go in just to see the memorabilia or do you have to order from the menu?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.