1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pay for room with TR Points

Discussion in 'Comps' started by luckydude, Sep 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luckydude

luckydude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is the procedure when you pay for your room at check-out using TR points earned with your credit card? Are you able to redeem them right at the check-out counter or do you have to go to a TR Desk and have them converted? Are you able to avoid the taxes when paying for a room like you do when using them right at the table when using them to pay for a meal?

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can do it right at checkout, but I would recommend that you play at the property you stay at last before attempting to use them. Otherwise the computer may not recognize your balance. As far as taxes forgiven, it depends on the property. Also make it clear right away you want to use RCs. Most checkouts are fully ready to be processed with your credit card.

3. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The way I understand it, RC points are RC points. You use them just like you would in a restaurant. When you check out, tell them you want to use RCs to pay for the room.

No idea on whether you are exempt from tax or not. You should make sure what your RC balance (the TR desk is the most accurate) is before you check out.

4. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sign up for social rewards also. You can accumulate alot of reward credits there and it is totally free.

5. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go down the front desk the night before you check out when it's quiet and there's no lines to tell them what you want to do. It's nice and calm that way.

6. ngrund

ngrund High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    since you mention converting, you do know that you have to wait until after the points earned transfer from the credit card to your TR account, once they are in the tr account they can be used at checkout

7. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It doesn't matter where you play. As stated above RC's are RC's. If they are in your account you can use them for your room at check out.

8. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can do it at either the check out counter or the TR desk.

If they are non gaming credits (as is the case here), I'd do it at the check out counter.

9. luckydude

luckydude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your replies. I do know that the points have to post before you can use them. I will be using both the points earned from the TR CC and the credits earned while there gambling. Initially I was planning to use our TR credits for meals right at the table because of the sales tax benefit. As time has gone on I realize that I will have enough credits to completely cover the room charge so I got to wondering about the procedure to do this. If I can avoid the 12% room tax by I paying for the room with TR credits it would be icing on the cake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.